Two of Maine's Two-Foot Gauge Railroad Museums Announce an Unprecedented Collaboration
The Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway Museum of Alna, Maine, in collaboration with the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Co. & Museum of Portland, would like to announce an unprecedented exhibition: the Narrow Gauge Railway Collection .
The Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Core Collection, highlighted by the only historic two-foot gauge parlor car ever built in the United States, the Rangeley, will be displayed at an enhanced exhibition facility on the Sheepscot campus of the WW&F Railway Museum. The exhibit will also include other select artifacts from Maine’s unique two-foot gauge railroad systems. These special pieces will be arriving at Sheepscot Station throughout 2019 for public viewing and operation on the WW&F Railway.
Further information can be seen on each museum’s webpage:
mainenarrowgauge.org and wwfry.org
● The Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad "Core Collection" is defined as: Parlor Car Rangeley , and combination car 14 both from the Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes RR and coach 16 Mt Pleasant , and caboose 32, both from the Bridgton & Saco River RR.
● "Other select artifacts" include Locomotive 8, plow 2, & tank car 14, all from the B&SR RR.
● The "enhanced exhibition facility on the Sheepscot Campus" includes enhancements to existing structures to provide additional exhibition and display space and better visitor facilities.
● Displays will be prepared and presented to the public within the exhibition space.
● Maine Locomotive & Machine Works of Alna has been an active supporter and partner in this venture; they will provide storage for some other pieces of the MNG collection, assist with transportation services, and play a part in maintenance and restoration of certain pieces.
● Look forward to jointly-produced events which highlight the partnership and utilize this equipment for unique operational opportunities on the WW&F.