Railroad Forums 

• Plymouth & Lincoln Railroad (HOBO, Winnipesaukee Scenic)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1566599  by b&m 1566

No really related to the P&L but worthy of a mention. Pitman's Freight Room has closed its doors, with its last event being held yesterday. I never was in Pitman's myself, but I understand they did a little bit of everything from small concerts, plays, retirement parties and weddings. Another worth mentioning, is their caboose that sits on the southern corner of the building, the caboose was originally connected to NEGS/P&L but was moved off the spur and the spur severed when the WOW trail was built about 10 or so years ago. Unknown if the business will be sold, today with Covid, I cannot imagine the market is too hot for these types of businesses. It will be interesting to see what happens with that caboose, something to keep an eye on for sure.
 #1584077  by b&m 1566

As most are probably aware by now, management decided to shut down and will not be operating any trains for the Christmas season for the 2nd year in a row, citing the rise in Covid cases again. Everyone else seems to be operating business as usual and at full capacity, it makes wonder if we have seen the last of their Christmas season operations.
 #1584149  by b&m 1566

That's what I'm wondering, If other businesses were doing the same thing, I would go along with it but that's not the case, it's business as usual pre-covid, minus the employee shortages that seems to be affecting everyone right now.
 #1598569  by RustyLynx

1012 is out of service after a mechanical problem during the Lincoln Limited excursion.
 #1602265  by NHV 669

ConwayScenic252 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:40 am #1012 is back pulling the WPSRR Excursions.

In terms of other news, I wonder when the MEC OCS cars will go down to Lincoln? They are currently stored just north of the Lakeport station so the line south of Paugus Bay siding is blocked.
WPSRR?

Lincoln is north of Lakeport.... got to have space for them first....
 #1606303  by mbrproductions

Does the Concord to Lincoln rail line have an official name that it goes by? For example, the Boston to Concord line is the New Hampshire Route Main. Does this line have a name similar that may have been used in the past and/or is used today?
- Thanks
 #1606317  by p42thedowneaster

Well it's a little complicated because we are actually talking about a mainline and branchline that now appear to be one. The original "Boston, Concord, and Montreal" ran from Concord through Plymouth and then on to Woodsville NH where it met the Can Pac. The branchline to Lincoln starts in Plymouth ends in Lincoln...This branch was called the Pemigewasset Valley Branch as it follows the river so named.
The line from Concord to Woodsville, was called the White Mountains Division mainline in B&M days.