• Twin State Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by b&m 1566

Come on people, I wouldn't expect them to rebuild 20 miles of track for what they currently handle, in fact I didn't even suggest rebuilding the track at all, all I was asking is, "would it be worth NHCR time to explore having trackage rights to St. Johnsbury, VT"? I'm well aware there's nothing up there right now but in theory I would like to think that could change. There in business to make a living right? part of that business I would like to believe is trying to recruit, expand and grow.
  by gokeefe

Further up thread the clay slurry traffic was being discussed. This would have been for Portland. Seemed crazy to me but it came up as something that was being openly considered by a carrier.

Otherwise very much agreed. For one car a month (or even a handful more) it's too much mileage for not enough return on investment.
  by newpylong

They're not going to rebuild the entire Mountain Division to move slurry to Portland.

Bellows Falls to Portland that way is 255 rail miles, many of which is either out of service, or cannot handle any tonnage.
Bellows Falls to Portland via PAS Haulage is 223 miles and it exists.
  by NHV 669

Forgot about that, no 286k rating on the WACR over here, and certainly no six axle lashups.