Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1517254  by MaineCoonCat

Reports of it's death may be premature!
I just got word from Meteorologist Tim Studebaker of ABC6 (WLNE-TV). He reports that he spoke with the company and that the "dissolution" was administrative.
They do not maintain a physical presence in MA, while they have a physical presence in RI and NH. As such, it makes more sense for them from a financial standpoint to move the incorporation to NH. He assures me they remain in the planning and funding phase.
https://www.facebook.com/TStudebakerABC ... %22R%22%7D

I've attempted a lookup on the New Hampshire Secretary Of State's page however they are doing maintenance supposedly until Monday. I'll check again then.
NH SOS Page maint.PNG
NH SOS Page maint.PNG (27.23 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
 #1517301  by BandA

The BSRR website is still up. There is a link I hadn't noticed before, https://www.fundable.com/BSRC. It mentions the term accredited investor. This is important because you shouldn't be selling unregistered investments to the general public, only to investors who are accredited or "sophisticated" and can perform their own due-diligence. Also states
We own two locomotives already, and they are currently being renovated and upgraded in New Haven, CT.
Also says they have agreements with P&W & Siemens.
 #1517399  by MaineCoonCat

Ayuh! Alive an' well don'tcha know..
BSRC Reg P1
BSRC Reg P1
BSRC NH REG1.png (76.92 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
BSRC Reg P2
BSRC Reg P2
BSRC NH REG2.png (69.24 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
BSRC Reg P3
BSRC Reg P3
BSRC NH REG3.png (37.46 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
https://quickstart.sos.nh.gov/online/Bu ... sID=623334
 #1517503  by BandA

Looks like they set up a NH corporation in 2018. NHDOT's Bureau of Rail & Transit approved the use of railroad in their company name. Someone should check if Subway is registered in NH :-D

They did not file their 2019 annual report on time. Due 4/1/2019, it was filed on 7/24/2019, so presumably they had to pay $150 instead of $100.

Since they are no longer incorporated in MA, do they have to update the information with NH now or when they file next year?

Presumably Manchester - Lowell OBS wouldn't have to pay MA income tax if they live in NH & start/end their shift in NH, since most of the mileage would be in NH?

[OT] do you have to register your business in NH to conduct business there? In order to register a business in NH you apparently need a Registered Agent with a NH address.
 #1517518  by MEC407

I keep laughing every time I see "BSRR" — the BS Railroad. Seems fitting. :P
 #1517559  by MaineCoonCat

I've been wondering about that, too..
Last edited by MEC407 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1517640  by Ridgefielder

BandA wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:51 pm It's probably means not the Boston Elevated...which ran the subways.
That's what I think, too.

So a historical reference, and a rather obscure one, seeing as the Boston Elevated Railway was absorbed by the MTA in 1947 and so far as I know didn't even linger on in colloquial speech like the IND/IRT/BMT did (and do) in New York.