Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1515513  by MaineCoonCat

I was kinda' waiting for the obit (and any indictments) to appear on telegram.com or in the Worcester Telegram..
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1515540  by BandA

Anybody occupying the space at the Woonsocket train station?

I have never understood how they could sell securities without approval of the Secretary of the Commonwealth (Galvin) or some federal regulator.

I still think their two route ideas have merit, the biggest problem being getting insurance coverage at an affordable rate. A small operator is probably a higher risk than a big railroad like Amtrak, but insurance companies would likely just [redacted] them on rates.
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: offensive language
 #1515645  by MaineCoonCat

Ummm.. Seaview rebuilds locomotives?
Last edited by MEC407 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1515664  by johnpbarlow

Quonset Rail Works at West Davisville does contract car and locomotive repair. Excerpt from Seaview RR's FB page:
Part of the tour took the delegation to the Quonset Rail Works in West Davisville, where Seaview President Eric Moffett led an inspection of the facility and the contract work currently underway. Eric highlighted how investment and promotion has been key in developing the railcar and locomotive repair business at the shop, which is strategically located on the Northeast Corridor. He also showed how the facility is ready to fit into Rhode Island plans for commuter rail development and growth. While at the shops the group was able to walk through a commuter rail coach currently being retrofitted.
Link: https://www.facebook.com/SeaviewRR/post ... 221569811/
 #1515688  by MaineCoonCat

MaineCoonCat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:59 pm Ummm.. Seaview rebuilds locomotives?

One way to find out, I suppose.. Any wagers on if I'll get a response?
Seaview Facebook Inquiry Re: BSRC FL9's
Seaview Facebook Inquiry Re: BSRC FL9's
BSRC Seaview FL9 question.PNG (30.69 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
UPDATE! Wow, that was quick! Basically "FL9's? HUH?!"..
Seaview Facebook Response Re: BSRC FL9's
Seaview Facebook Response Re: BSRC FL9's
BSRC Seaview FL9 question Reply.PNG (43.39 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
Glad I didn't buy one of those bonds..
Last edited by MEC407 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: excessive quoting
 #1515804  by Ridgefielder

BandA wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:35 pm I'm going to make a wild guess and assume they ran out of money. Which is a shame because I liked the concept and Want To Believe.

I think a private entity should be able to start up much faster than a public-sector authority could, so there is still an opportunity.
You really need to be broke to not keep a corporate entity alive. Don't know about MA, but in NY it only costs something like $250 a year.
 #1515812  by MaineCoonCat

Gee, ya' think?!?! :-D US$100 for the annual report if it's filed electronically..
MA filing fees, Domestic Profit and Professional Corporations
MA filing fees, Domestic Profit and Professional Corporations
ma corp fees.PNG (67.18 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
Last edited by MEC407 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1516059  by MaineCoonCat

I'd contacted the Telegram & Gazette.. They have gotten back to me. They're going to be looking into this.. WLNE 6 may be also.. Hopefully we'll get, as the late, great latenight talkshow host; Larry Glick would say. "the story behind the story".. [EDIT 8/5/2019 1840 EDT] Oh, also "put a bug in Progressive Railroading's ear"..
Last edited by MaineCoonCat on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1516061  by DutchRailnut

The second FL-9 BSR dropped the bid due to no funding , it went to second bidder, and is operating on Cape Cod.
First unit is sitting in Cedar Hillyard in New Haven. supposedly paid for, but never contracted for shipping or where.