Railroad Forums 

• Mass Bay Railroad Enthusiasts: 2015 Excursions?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1327457  by shadyjay

It seems odd to me that Mass Bay RRE has not released any information about any excursions this spring/summer. Their web site http://www.massbayrre.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hasn't been updated since their "Steam In The Snow" trip on the Conway Scenic, and their Facebook page hasn't been updated in a while.

I'd hate to see MBRRE give up on excursions... anyone in the know on this? Maybe they're being quiet until something is confirmed, but a "teaser" on social media would be nice. Something on the lines of "We are working on lining up some great trips which we'll announce soon - Stay tuned".

They have sponsored trips over Conway Scenic, Plymouth & Lincoln, Valley RR, Vermont Rail System, Providence & Worcester, Mass Coastal, Housatonic, and other lines in the past. Every trip I've been on has been great, even getting some rare-mileage. Photo runbys too.

Any MBRRE members on here hear anything?????
 #1327554  by highrail

Shadyjay,
Yep, been quiet, but there are plans in the works, so stay tuned. We are an all volunteer group, and sometimes life interferes. I believe the first trip will be in Newport, RI the first week in June, so watch for that announcement.
Some of the gang are busy with the NRHS upcoming national convention in Rutland, VT in June. They are doing a number of trips, I think there are even a couple public trips. It is quite a schedule of events. See this link for their info:
http://www.nrhs.com/2015_Convention" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am sure that we will be running a couple more trips through MBRRE, so stay tuned...after this winter we DO want to get out and ride the rails!

Steve
 #1327969  by nomis

And today I got an email from MBRRE for the 'Newport & Narragansett Bay Special' Boston to Newport, RI & The Hummocks & Return Saturday, June 6, 2015 - One Day Only!