Railroad Forums 

• Peacock and The Legend of Bloody Run

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#691640  by GTW

I became interested in old railroads because of ghost towns in MI. I was reading a book that was called Ghost Towns of Michigan and came across a story called Peacock and The Legend of Bloody Run. The story was about A train wreck that happend near Peacock, Michigan inwhich a train fully loaded with logs derailed just before a trestle which passed (or used to) over what is now a dried up riverbed. Supposedly, the river was nicknamed Bloody Run because of the blood that flowed in it.

Would anyone have any info on this wreck?
 #786501  by GTW

I have found the story in the book. Is this where you got yours or do you know a differnt part of it?