Railroad Forums 

• Commuter Train Tickets

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#257206  by just carl

Hi to all. I'm new here. I am not a railroad person. I used to ride the Milwaukee West Line Commuter Train for well over 30 years and for some strange reason I saved all my Monthly passes. I kept each one in the original plastic covering it came in. Just never could throw them out and now retired was thinking of throwing them all out but a conductor I met said I should first see if anyone wants them. Due to health reasons I am not about to go running around train stations looking for someone that wants these tickets. They are all from what is known as Zone C and lots of others from Zone F. One schedule from 1959 also.
I am not trying to sell these, just give them to someone that is a railroad collector of stuff like that. Looks like enough to fill a small shoe box.
Only catch is who pays for shipping? However, if you live near the Western Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois I will gladly meet you somewhere and give them to you. I could mail them to anyone that wants them but sure afraid of what the postage may be.
Anyway, if you are interested email me at [email protected] or PM me here. I'll try to get back to this forum this or next week.
If no one wants them I'll just dump them.
Thanks for reading all this anyway.
Had to go back and edit this. I mispelled my own name.

#257249  by Mike Walsh

Carl,

Excellent way to try to find a person who may be interested. I, myself, am not interested, as I'm from St. Louis, however, here is a way you may be able to put them to use.

http://www.nrhs.com/chapters/index.html

If you go to the website, and scroll down to Illinois, it tells you of several Chapters of the National Railroad Historical Society that may be within range of you. If you can find one, contact them. NRHS Chapters usually have a library where they collect items, and sometimes a museum. Try contacting them, and tell them that you would like to donate them...

My 2 cents.

Mike Walsh

#257318  by just carl

Hey thanks for that link to some local places. I know there are train shows around but just didn't know how to find them. Thanks again. Really hope I can find someone for those.