Railroad Forums 

• Toledo People Mover?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

What are your thoughts on this idea?

Just what Toledo needed
No votes
0%
With some revisions it could be good
27%
Its another project to get tossed around for years
73%
Other
No votes
0%

#10412  by matt

The Backside Plan has been in place for three years and the same questions are still around. Money, necessity, and that little NS Chicago line thing that this "people mover" would have to get over. In fact, NS also uses the Backside here.

Also, the route displayed in the article parallels Douglas Rd. half the distance. Isn't that an adaquate people mover?

A Rails to Trails project, north of Vulcan, YES. Anything more unlikely.

#10739  by nycrick

Just look at all the "progress" we've had on the Marina District, Southwyck Mall & decent street paving to figure-out where this idea's going!

#15473  by chessie8212

I don't see this ever taking shape. Main reason, in my opinion isn't funding, it's that NS will never be happy (and therefore, allow) something like that to cross all of those Yard leads at Nasby Jct. as well as the NS line out to the Andersons Grain Terminal at Gould Jct. (not that that particular line is used all that busily, but nevertheless, it's one more freight line that I am sure NS doesn't want to have to operate around a people mover).