Railroad Forums 

• Union St. - Fostoria

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#7848  by ToledoTerminalRy

Was there ever a trolley line in Fostoria or some kind of track that went down main street. I see some bumps in a pattern of railroad ties in the middle if the street. Its very noticable north of Jackson St. but south of Jackson St. I hardly see any.

Ryan
 #9383  by smj

Ryan,

There was in fact an interurban rail line that ran down Main Street years ago. From what I can tell it looks as though the line went north on Perry Street from Main. If you take a look at some of the postcards with the "streets" prefix on this site

http://www.fostoria.org/postcard/RayDell/index.html

you can decide for yourself. From what I've seen, the tracks are not evident on Main north of Perry on any of these cards.

Steve Olmstead
fostorialive.com

#10174  by ToledoTerminalRy

Im sorry I meant Union Street, not Main Street. Although I have been checking this out more, the tracks appear to come off the x-T&OC at Union St., down Union St. to Perry St. down Perry St. spits at E. Fremont St.(I think) and continues on Perry St. to Main St. Thanks for the info and site.

Ryan
 #34488  by Tony T.

May I jump in here and inquire about the old LE&W line which comes down Sandusky St.? My father's side of the family lived on Spruce St. (just down from the C&O station) and I was too small to trainwatch there myself, but my older brother remembers getting surprised by a train running there in around '65 or so. I've been trying for years to find out some info on this line just before it was torn out. He thinks the unit may have been orange.

I'm posting also in the 'wanted' section for info and/or pictures of this period, if anyone can help.

My aunt still lives in the old house, but trainwatching there just is not the same anymore, no yard, no NYC local, ...

T Torres