Railroad Forums 

• Delaware Coast Line Railway

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#686638  by norfolksouthern89

The Tenth Legion wrote:That's a nice collection of photos of DCL's T-6 making the run to Lewes with the HOKX tankcars. I saw the RS-18 they have switching SPI once after driving off the ferry. Driving out of the ferry terminal, I noticed a cloud of smoke and a headlight down the line, so I went left instead of right and there it was. Nice start to a week at the beach that started with a nice crossing of Delaware Bay.

Yeah, I was keep research kind of DCL railroads then finally I found some links. :-D

- David
 #686772  by superman

I just ask one question about industrial park things at all.
It's not that, it's that I could not understand what you were saying at all. I'm assuming you're asking about what is going to be at the industrial park? If I'm wrong, let me know. They don't have any tennants scheduled for the location yet, but they do have an existing bulk propane storage facility at the location already.
 #686850  by norfolksouthern89

superman wrote:
I just ask one question about industrial park things at all.
It's not that, it's that I could not understand what you were saying at all. I'm assuming you're asking about what is going to be at the industrial park? If I'm wrong, let me know. They don't have any tennants scheduled for the location yet, but they do have an existing bulk propane storage facility at the location already.

Hey, its okay I know understand how is your felt that some how make you don't understand what I say. Okay, I admit to everyone that I am deaf person.

Anyway,

But, I honestly with you that I never heard about industrial park in Delaware but I surprised that those Delaware have got few industrial park in DCL and somewhere.

Yeah, I talk about industrial park and propane storage facility at the location. But I was thought that they begin rebuilding new industrial park but they already have that one.

- David
 #686855  by superman

There are quite a few industrial parks in Delaware, however, not many in Sussex County. It's always been a largely farming region which has transitioned over to tourism on the east side, which leads to a pretty poor county economy. Lower paying jobs and fewer of them. Now New Castle is a different story, but everything is leaving the state anyway. GM, Chrysler, Avon, Siemens, Mopar, and dozens of others are running out of the state as quickly as possible.
 #689168  by norfolksouthern89

superman wrote:There are quite a few industrial parks in Delaware, however, not many in Sussex County. It's always been a largely farming region which has transitioned over to tourism on the east side, which leads to a pretty poor county economy. Lower paying jobs and fewer of them. Now New Castle is a different story, but everything is leaving the state anyway. GM, Chrysler, Avon, Siemens, Mopar, and dozens of others are running out of the state as quickly as possible.
Oh, I see.

That so interesting :wink:

- David
 #698078  by The Tenth Legion

Checked out DCL's end-of-the-line customer in Lewes, DE, SPI-Pharma, the other day on Thursday. There was one ACFX covered hopper and three HOKX tankcars spotted on the two spurs at the end of the line. I'd love to catch the DCL's T-6, RS-18 or RS-36 switching SPI and also crossing the windlass-operated swing bridge over the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal. I caught the RS-18 there back in 2004 or '05 after getting off the Cape May-Lewes Ferry.
 #774024  by skeeda

The DCL line into Lewes was FINALLY cleared sometime between Friday noon(Feb 19th) and Saturday noon. Small patches of grass now starting to show through the snow in places here!
 #824271  by Teutobergerwald

I'll be in the Lewes area on vacation in two weeks. Is there any day & time in particular I might be able to catch DCL servicing SPI-Pharma? Thanks.
 #827283  by skeeda

Quickie DCL Update: If all goes well mechanically, tomorrow's (Tues. 13 July) train for for Lewes will be in the hands of maroon T-6 #19. DCL's B23-7 4054, still wearing its tattered Conrail paint with the primered nose job, is up for sale.

Perhaps best news of all is that the long awaited rehab of the Milton Branch is finally underway. A short section of track just west of the Rt. 30 crossing has been cut out, so that a switch can be installed for Baker's Petroleum which will be receiving gas cars. There was a hi-rail truck working on the line today. Don't grab your camera just yet, though; a lot of work remains and rumor has it that actual service won't begin before this winter.