Railroad Forums 

• Train at Accomac, VA 8/8/14

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1286546  by BAR

I saw a southbound train at Accomac yesterday (8/8) at around 2:00 PM. Dark blue leased engine lettered "Eastern Shore" with four LHEX (Lehigh Cement)covered hoppers presumably headed for Cape Charles. First time I have caught a train on that line in years. Is there a scheduled interchange with the N-S at Pocomoke City or is it on an as needed basis?
 #1286775  by Sand Box John

"BAR"
I saw a southbound train at Accomac yesterday (8/8) at around 2:00 PM. Dark blue leased engine lettered "Eastern Shore" with four LHEX (Lehigh Cement)covered hoppers presumably headed for Cape Charles. First time I have caught a train on that line in years. Is there a scheduled interchange with the N-S at Pocomoke City or is it on an as needed basis?

Norfolk Southern run the Herrington to Pocomoke City turn Monday through Friday, the train isn't run on a fixed scheduled. I have seen loads in the trains that were obviously going to or coming from industries not directly served by Norfolk Southern, so one can safely assume Norfolk Southern interchange with the Eastern Shore Railroad when they have cars going to or coming from their costumers.
 #1305419  by Lincoln78

On Friday 28 November on the tracks next to US 13 in Princess Anne, MD I saw a southbound trackmobile pulling a single hopper. There were around six hoppers parked at the silos there, as well as four tankers parked at the propane facility to the north. I don't remember seeing any of those when I passed though the previous Thursday.
 #1305810  by Sand Box John

"Lincoln78"
On Friday 28 November on the tracks next to US 13 in Princess Anne, MD I saw a southbound trackmobile pulling a single hopper. There were around six hoppers parked at the silos there, as well as four tankers parked at the propane facility to the north. I don't remember seeing any of those when I passed though the previous Thursday.

I drive past there daily and every other Saturday.

After the Sharp Energy propane facility reopened, loads in were 6 cars every 2 days, about a month ago it tapered off to 5 or 6 every 3 days.

The Mountaire feed mill takes loads in roughly once a week. The Trackmobile belongs to Mountaire. Tysons Food also has a Trackmobile at their Snow Hill feed mill. The number of loads in drops off in the fall as the local harvest makes up the difference. All of the livestock feed grown on the Eastern Shore remains on the Eastern Shore. The grain hoppers shipped in from elsewhere make up the difference needed for the poultry industry.