Railroad Forums 

• Fantrips?

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1225514  by Mumphrey O. Yamm

I would love to know how to find out where and when there are fantrips on railroads in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, New Jersey or Pennsylvania. I always read about how such and such a fantrip was such a blast, but it’s always after it’s over, often years later. How do people know when and where these things happen? Do you have to know the right people? Is there some secret club you have to belong to? A secret handshake?

Gracias.
 #1227193  by RailVet

For information on fan trips in the states you specified, your best bet is to subscribe to Railpace magazine (http://www.railpace.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), which focuses on the northeast USA. If there's a fan trip taking place, it may very well be listed in the magazine. Full disclosure: My only connection to the magazine is my status as a very satisfied subscriber, and I recommend it highly.