Railroad Forums 

• Westminster MD Trains

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1078403  by gprimr1

I drove through Westminster today and noticed there are train tracks that go street running through about a block downtown.

I'm guessing it's Maryland Midland. Any idea when it runs?
 #1081204  by poppyl

Greg;

You are correct -- it's Maryland Midland. And the track is the old Western Maryland main.

As to your question about when you might see some traffic in that area, the answer, as with all short lines, is that it is hard to tell. Most of the traffic through Westminister is incoming or outgoing interchange traffic with NS at Glynndon. I haven't railfanned the MM for a while but I recall that the Glynndon interchange business generally took place in the mornings and the CSX interchange at Highfield was an afternoon/evening job. As far as I know, the MM is primarily a M-F operation with an occasional shift or two on the weekends at Union Bridge or a relatively rare Sunday rock train out of Woodsboro bound for Highfield.

Poppyl