Railroad Forums 

• CN Welded Rail train inMontreal 4-22

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#663963  by SLR 393

Yesterday we caught a very long welded rail train laying out two new sticks all through the old city trackage, the engine ran up almost to Molson. They backed all the way out to Cape Yard when they were done. I will try to post some photos of it tomorrow when we are home.
 #684368  by gaspeamtrak

Did you stay in the BEST WESTERN or did you try the FAIRFEILD INN BY MARRIOT ?
As i have stayed in the Best Western and the veiws of both CN & CN's main line are A+!
I'm planning on staying in the Fairfield Inn on my next trip to Montreal. If you book ahead you can get rooms for around $100.00 C a night.
 #684565  by SLR 393

We actually stay downtown at the Marriott Chateau Champlain, and drive out to Dorval, Beaconsfield, Rue Norman, etc. We have had good luck twice, with trains running along the waterfront in the old city. I wouldn't mind staying right in Dorval, but the Fairfield Inn doesn't have a restaurant in it, and with kids that makes our life easier!
 #684612  by gaspeamtrak

Not sure how old your kids are but a quick walk over to the Dorval Mall has a great restraunt called SCORES I think. It's a great! The chicken and ribs are great and they have and all you can eat soup and salad bar! Winter can be cold walking over but it would be worth it! :~)
 #684652  by SLR 393

We are headed up again next month I think, maybe early August. I will check out the Best Western. Our friends live in Ste. Therese and we are going to the hockey store in Laval, so staying right in Dorval for a night or two would be good. I would love to stay trackside!

I do like the downtown Marriott - you can see over to Pte. Ste. Charles and Victoria Bridge and watch the passenger trains come off the mainline and along the line to Bonaventure.