Railroad Forums 

• Montreal Railfanning Questions

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#961474  by Montrealrail

At Dorval in weekdays,lot of traffic,about more than 80 train,both CN and CP,including VIA and AMT
CN and CP have no schedule,but there's alway railfans at VIA station to help you for getting some train announcing..
if you are at VIA Dorval station,just go a bit east,right beside the parking,there a stilled viaduc works and that make a very nice view to both track..
here a great preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyddyg0-gKU

if your at Dorval,you can take a chance to see Lachine CP intermodal yard..
higway 20 55th avenue,go north and take the second street at right,you will see a viaduc,just find a parking and walk over,you will have a very nice view over the yard
 #961572  by Plate C

Thanks, a little late for me to use, but I'll save this for the next time around. I went on different days and times, Friday morning turning out best with quite a number of freight trains besides commuter between about 7-10am. Saturday morning was very slow, with maybe 4 freights in a number of hours.