Railroad Forums 

• CLC Locomotive at Science Museum

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#339698  by sixaxlealcoII

In the mid 70's I remember seeing an ex-CN C-Liner at the Ontario Science Museum (It was painted in the old CN scheme) along with a bunch of electrics. I know they have a CP C-liner there now but does anyone know what happened to the CN locomotive that was there ?

Michael Thomas

#339829  by 2spot

The Canada Science & Technology Museum in Ottawa http://www.sciencetech.technomuses.ca/e ... /rail6.cfm still has a CLC CPA16-4. It is ex-CP 4065. Formerly from CPs historical collection. CNs first GE is here (it was built in 1916) too. I couldnt find a CN CLC unit on their website, though.
 #340834  by sixaxlealcoII

Thanks for the update. I saw that the CP unit was on their web site. However, I have a picture taken in 1976 at a Museum near Toronto or perhaps Hamilton with both an FA and a C-Liner painted in the original CN scheme. The CP units were just being pulled from service when I was at this museum as I saw them later that month in Calgary.

Michael Thomas