Railroad Forums 

• Help about Ontario , Toronto.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#317246  by MORRO UA

Hello , i want now , help me please :

- how many trakc on sub in Toronto and all Ontario , where two trakcs rail ?

- what the future locomotivs will use for Quebec - Windsor corridor , for north Ontario and for GO , and what about JetTrain ???

- where situated deports VIA Rail ?

Sorry for my english !
Thanks!!!

#317465  by Ken V

The answers to some of the questions can be found here: Rails in Toronto.

#317847  by MORRO UA

Thanks

What is the last build locomotiv for fraight and pass railway ?

What after Genesis ?

#338466  by MORRO UA

About Toronto Yard(CP) - Havelock line . what's the main cargo and how many trains per day on this line ?

thank you !!!

#364309  by MORRO UA

Hello !!!

About the railway in Ontario near Toronto.
What the sence of the same small railroad, what's plants use this railroad, what's the main cargo on this railrroad ???
for railway and lines:
GEXR to Goderich,to Centralia.
OBRY to Orangville.
BCRY to Barry, to Collingwood.
YDHR to Blackwater.
CPR to Haveloc, to Blue Mountihe.

#366509  by gp9rm4108

Hmmm pretty suspicious if you ask me.

#366528  by MORRO UA

why :wink:

#448829  by MORRO UA

Help please , what max the speed have VIA train in main line in Ontario ???

#451086  by MORRO UA

Saturday » September 29 » 2007

High-speed rail link may be fast approaching
Timing is perfect, president of chamber of commerce says

MARK CARDWELL
Freelance

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The long-discussed idea of building a high-speed train between Quebec City and Montreal will become a reality in the coming months, predicts the new president of the chamber of commerce here.

"The timing for a project like this is perfect," said Daniel Denis, a Quebec City native and architect who took over as head of the 198-year-old association in June.

"There is growing concern for the environment (and) a need to improve our transportation links with the outside world."

Denis told 450 members of the local business community at Château Frontenac this week that he would devote his year-long tenure to the promotion of the high-speed train project .

A proposal put forward at a business forum this spring called for the construction of a high-speed rail line along the north shore of the St. Lawrence and Ottawa Rivers between Quebec City and the national capital via Montreal.

Unlike the $11-billion project for a 320-km/h train in the Windsor-Quebec City corridor that was proposed by a Canadian consortium that included SNC-Lavalin that failed to win federal approval, Denis said the Quebec-Montreal-Ottawa line would feature a more practical, albeit slower, model of train that would move passengers and freight at speeds of between 180 and 200 km/h.

© The Gazette (Montreal) 2007