Railroad Forums 

• Lake Superior Rail Service

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1261181  by MikeCDN

I just read that there used to be a rail ferry service between Thunder Bay, ON and Duluth, MN using a CP Company owned ship named the Incan Superior.

The service was discontined in the 1990s.

Does anyone know where the dock was in Thunder Bay? And in Duluth? How long was the transit? What was the main product shipped?

Mike
 #1261581  by JayBee

MikeCDN wrote:I just read that there used to be a rail ferry service between Thunder Bay, ON and Duluth, MN using a CP Company owned ship named the Incan Superior.

The service was discontinued in the 1990s.

Does anyone know where the dock was in Thunder Bay? And in Duluth? How long was the transit? What was the main product shipped?

Mike
I have no idea where the dock in Thunder Bay was. The dock in the Twin Ports was in Superior, WI next to the current Hallet Dock, and was switched by LST&T, primary cargo was boxcars of paper products. The skipper of the Incan Superior posts semi-regularly on the Boatnerd.com "Information Search" forums.

http://www.boatnerd.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;