Railroad Forums 

• Noel Weaver needs our support

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1307072  by Noel Weaver

TO ALL ON HERE WHO HAVE EXPRESSED LOVE, PRAYERS AND SUPPORT MY VERY SINCERE THANK YOU!!!!
I am home but I have quite a way to go to a good recovery although I hope it will arrive eventually. My car is a total loss and I am no longer going to drive again, I am not satisfied as to what happened to me that fateful Thursday Afternoon so as they say on the railroad "I am taking the safe course". About the only news I have received in the last few days is that the engines on the Florida East Coast that have been or soon will be displacdd by the new GE-s will go as follows: The CITX engines (blue SD-70's no. 140, 141 and 142 will go to the Norfolk Southern on lease. The other SD-70's (100-107 inclusive are going to the CSX and the SD-40-2's that the FEC does not keep for their own operations are going to CSX on lease. As I understand the SD-40-2's are going on lease from the FEC and will retain their FEC paint and numbers. This will give some of you out of Florida a good opportunity to see the very attractive appearance of the "Champs". I do not know as yet just which numbers are going and which numbers are staying. Right now the trains are a bit of everyting power wise and watching trains on the FEC is quite interesting. Unfortunately without a car I will not see nearly as much of the change over as I would have but it is still interesting.
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL FOR YOUR KIND MESSAGES OF SUPPORT!!!!\
Regards,
Noel Weaver
 #1307078  by gokeefe

Never been so happy to read about out of town paint schemes and second hand diesel power in my life.

Great to see you back Noel!
 #1307108  by jbvb

Best wishes, Noel. Once you're mobile again, perhaps we can stir up some support for you in the local railfan community so you can get out and see what's going on.
 #1307123  by MEC407

Welcome back Mr. Weaver! It's great to see your words on my screen once again. I hope that your recovery will continue to progress nicely. We're all rooting for you!
 #1307139  by Tadman

Welcome back, Noel. Take care of yourself (and perhaps get a good Schwinn, we love your updates!)
 #1307202  by Backshophoss

Mr Weaver,It's good to hear you're home,may your recovery be fast, and complete.
Hopefully you have access to Bus service and Para-transit services that can help you
get around town.
 #1307227  by jaymac

Noel-
Speedy and complete recovery! Extra offerings will be made to The Deity Of The CPF-345 Dunks to help secure that.
Your insights on all things on many railroads have been elevating to this website.
-jaymac
 #1307242  by MaineCoonCat

Hope your recovery is real quick!