Railroad Forums 

• Noel Weaver needs our support

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1305303  by BR&P

It's my understanding that frequent contributor Noel Weaver was in a serious auto accident in Florida recently. I was told "Prognosis is good for a full recovery but he may be in the hospital for a couple of months. Apparently he will be in traction for a while."

Our best wishes to Noel - hang in there, and we look forward to hearing from you as you recover.
 #1305319  by Ocala Mike

Sorry to hear that. Noel strikes me as being one of the most knowledgable people on this board, especially regarding operations "back in the day." This Floridian, nee New Yorker, sends healing vibes and prayers his way. Get well soon, Noel!
 #1305324  by charlie6017

Noel,

I hope you are feeling better very soon. I have enjoyed all the conversations we have had on these boards and appreciate all
the information you have given me (and us!) over the last number of years.

I look forward to seeing you again whenever you get back here. Get well soon! :-D

Charlie
 #1305404  by MACTRAXX

Ocala Mike wrote:Sorry to hear that. Noel strikes me as being one of the most knowledgable people on this board, especially regarding operations "back in the day." This Floridian, nee New Yorker, sends healing vibes and prayers his way. Get well soon, Noel!
OM and Everyone: I will second your thoughts concerning Noel Weaver and this Long Islander wishes him well in his recovery...

MACTRAXX

P.S. This topic should be moved to the ANNOUNCEMENTS section so all of our fellow Forum members can offer their encouragement
for Noel to have a full recovery from his injuries and to continue the "get well card" that BR&P began...
 #1305421  by BR&P

MACTRAXX wrote: P.S. This topic should be moved to the ANNOUNCEMENTS section so all of our fellow Forum members can offer their encouragement
for Noel to have a full recovery from his injuries and to continue the "get well card" that BR&P began...
Noel is an active contributor to the NY forum and I'm sure a lot of us here recognize his name so I started it here. Personally, in all the time I have been a member here I do not recall visiting "announcements" forum once. If someone else had started this and posted there instead of here, I would not see it. Maybe a dupe or cross-post in Announcements would be in order?

A friend who is on the FEC Yahoo group, where Noel is very involved, says Noel had a serious neck injury and a couple cracked ribs from a Thanksgiving Day accident. Altho his recovery will be long, there is a possibility he will be hospitalized far less than the 2 months initially mentioned. (Let's hope!) For now he is not able to take calls or visitors.
 #1305434  by Scott K

So sorry to hear Noel! I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Not a good Thanksgiving for a number of people this year. My family and I were put up in a motel by the Red Cross after a fire in our home, and another online associate of mine had his wife pass away in his arms that day.
Scott K.
 #1305535  by Matt Langworthy

Get well soon, Noel. Your contributions to this forum are missed. We don't have a spare unit to take your place. :(