Railroad Forums 

• Blissville Yard

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1203607  by AlKaLI

Dogbert:
From my M-7 window yesterday evening, there were about 8 very clean Herzog cars on the easternmost loop track in Sunnyside where the LIRR and Amtrak cross overhead.
Also noticed a string of empty DIFCO side dump cars. AMT uses that loop track frequently to store M of W equipment. I don't know if these Herzog cars are the same ones in Blissville. My guess is that LIRR (or maybe NY & A) was storing them for AMT and then brought them over when needed.

Anyway, Friday's train of cars was on the WB track that is being constructed for the ESA project. The LIRR website states that it is part of a project to pour a concrete slab and a new bypass track. The slab is in and new track (concrete ties) has already been installed and ballasted. The work started on 7/22 and is supposed to finish by 8/16. It roughly spans from the 39th St overpass to Queens Blvd.
 #1228088  by DogBert

Blissville is again empty. It has another string of CDEX cars for 2 or 3 months, but they've been cleared out.
 #1228334  by DogBert

As of the last night or two? Huh. I thought there might be another stretch of a few weeks with nothing in there.
 #1273838  by Teutobergerwald

A pair of NYA SW-1001's was switching Blissville Yard late Thursday afternoon. Saw them on the west end of the yard from above on the eastbound L.I.E. viaduct.
 #1289277  by DogBert

A half dozen rock cars on the southernmost track have been parked and sitting there all summer. Bad order waiting for work? I figured these would have moved sooner with stone season & all...
 #1289315  by Teutobergerwald

The GATX cars briefly visible from the L.I.E. viaduct when going eastbound ?
 #1289364  by DogBert

Most likely - though I've never looked over there from the LIE. Can't imagine what else it would be though.
 #1299943  by DogBert

RR Construction Corp excavator now on site at the east end of the yard. Parked w/no crew in sight this morning. Near the ballast cars there's a big stack of new cross ties.

I'm assuming they're going to add an east end switch to the yard.
 #1300022  by DogBert

I'd be really surprised if they're not installing it, given that a WM crew will be moving cars in and out of the yard to their new sidings.
 #1302159  by DogBert

105 (shut down) + 7 suspiciously clean cars (boxes, gon) sitting in Blissville this morning. Each car looked to be recently painted to remove graffiti, in colors matching the existing car colors. I'm guessing this is for a TV/Movie shoot? 105 is ugly as ever ironically.

The stone cars that have been sitting in the yard look like they were switched up a track or two, behind the boxes & 105, maybe to be out of camera view?

RR construction front end loader has also joined the excavator. No signs of work behind that though.