• NYAR Train Sighting Thread

  • Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  • 1527 posts
  • 1
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 93
  • 94
  • 102
  by Teutobergerwald
 
Any video of that NYA test train on the Port Jefferson Branch ?????
  by Train2009
 
Last Saturday morning 3/18 at 11:54 AM #300 and #301 went by Queens Village on RS50 eastbound from Pine-Aire. For the trip back home it was took over by #271 leading and #268 as seen in Jamaica at 2:47 PM that afternoon.
  by gregorygrice
 
Train2009 wrote:Last Saturday morning 3/18 at 11:54 AM #300 and #301 went by Queens Village on RS50 eastbound from Pine-Aire. For the trip back home it was took over by #271 leading and #268 as seen in Jamaica at 2:47 PM that afternoon.
RS-70
  by B&M 1227
 
I haven't lived around here long enough to pick up on who symboled what, but choochoo-somethingsomething was spotting a couple refrigerator cars behind brooklyn terminal market around 21:30 tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by ccutler
 
Where is Brooklyn Terminal Market?
  by AlKaLI
 
^
It's in Brooklyn on the line to Bay Ridge.
See the attached link. in the satellite image you can see where the spur comes off the NY&A line.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6434834 ... !1e3?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's also a thread about the Brooklyn Terminal Market on the LIRR forum. Interesting that one of the last posts there was asking how active is it and B&M1227 photographs a move.
  by gregorygrice
 
AlKaLI wrote:^
It's in Brooklyn on the line to Bay Ridge.
See the attached link. in the satellite image you can see where the spur comes off the NY&A line.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6434834 ... !1e3?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's also a thread about the Brooklyn Terminal Market on the LIRR forum. Interesting that one of the last posts there was asking how active is it and B&M1227 photographs a move.

Pictured is the RS-20 and BTM is served almost every night or atleast every other night.
  by ccutler
 
Thanks for identifying the location.
  by AlKaLI
 
Nothing spectacular. Was driving around Farmingdale on Saturday, 4-15-17 about 2:40 PM and swung by Coastal. Then I noticed empty CB flats on the double-ended siding and caught NYA GP38-2s 270/261 with 4 mt flats and 9 loaded C&D gons apparently just having switched out Coastal. Amazingly the Geeps pushed the train west to Route 110 and looked to head east after allowing passage of LIRR Mu train. Posillico Asphalt had full storage tracks of aggregate hoppers. Paving season in business apparently.
  by Train2009
 
A late post I am sorry, on Saturday morning 4/8 at 10:06 AM RS70 had GP38-2 268, 271, 261 and 270 headed westbound past Queens Village. For the eastbound trip it went by Queens Village at 1:30 PM/1:31 PM in the afternoon.
  by Train2009
 
At 12:23 PM last Saturday afternoon 5/27 RS70 had GP38-2 #271 and #270 as it went by westbound past Queens Village with C&D and ballast cars.
  by tj48
 
This morning NYAR 300, 270,155 with 6 cars (4 box (including 1 very clean RBOX), 1 loaded centerbeam, 1 tank) on the siding in Wyandanch. 300 was very clean compared to the 2 others. 300 also appears to have tinted cab windows.
  by Train2009
 
tj48 wrote:This morning NYAR 300, 270,155 with 6 cars (4 box (including 1 very clean RBOX), 1 loaded centerbeam, 1 tank) on the siding in Wyandanch. 300 was very clean compared to the 2 others. 300 also appears to have tinted cab windows.
I caught those 3 locos last Sunday 6/11 headed westbound past Queens Village at 1:24 PM in the afternoon headed from Pine to Fresh Pond.
  by mirrodie
 
Thx to the pair of Geeps and large hoppers of stone that stopped at Grand ave xing in Lindenhurst this Monday Jun 19. I gave a wave and honk as the let us pass. Where was that stone or trash going up the Central?
  • 1
  • 90
  • 91
  • 92
  • 93
  • 94
  • 102