Railroad Forums 

• Hicksville operations

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#482054  by Spartan Phalanx

Only a handful of covered hoppers in the Yard today, and one boxcar spotted by the stacks of bricks. Of interest was the pair of LIRR MP-15ac's parked with what looked like one of the LIRR's snowblowers out next to the Main at the neck of the Yard.

#488469  by Spartan Phalanx

Anything new to report at Hicksville Yard- new off-line customers signing on, etc? Thanks.

#494706  by Spartan Phalanx

Has NYA made any moves to the LIPA facility in Hicksville recently?

#496485  by Spartan Phalanx

Passed by Hicksville Yard this morning W/B and then again E/B in the afternoon. First, on the spur east of the yard that parallels the Main Line there was a vintage Louisville & Nashville bulkhead flatcar. Also spotted at the same stretch of spur was a cut of loaded LIRR hoppers. At the throat of the yard there was a pair of LIRR MP-15ac's, 150 and 157. The yard itself was full of covered hoppers and there was a single Railbox boxcar spotted at the unloading ramp.

When I came back past in the afternoon, 150 and 157 were gone, as were the LIRR hoppers. However, upon arrival at Huntington there they were, nose-to-nose with an M-7 train parked next to the platform on the south side of the station. I didn't stick around to see what was going to happen next. Quite cold out there today.

#496890  by SOO4601

They could have possibly been heading further east to St. James, I noticed that there were 3 semi loaded gondolas at the team track. It seems like the LIRR is replacing a bucnh of ties along the branch, because theres a bunch of them next to the siding, as well as temporary offices set up.

#496928  by John 61

***, I thought the same thing on the way to King Kullen this morning when I saw the four LIRR gondolas in the St. James siding. The cars were filled with RR ties. There was a small cut of 3 cars there a couple of weeks ago too. The ties unloaded from that load are piled up on the north side. I also noticed the two temp trailers set up too. I guess some track work is going to happen soon.

#497072  by mutz155

ALL YOU FOLKS WALKING AROUND IN RAIL YARDS. WOW! YOU ARE SO HELPFUL WITH THE INFO. ESPECIALLY THE GUY WITH THE KID. BY THE WAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING WALKING AROUND ON RAILROAD PROPERTY WITH A KID? THAT IS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE AND PRETTY STUPID. HOW SAFE IS THAT? THAT KID IS REALLY VERY LUCKY HAVING YOU AS A FATHER SHOWING ALL THE WRONG THINGS. WHEN YOU STEP ON A SPIKE WITH YOUR SNEAKERS AND WHILE JOTTING DOWN THE LATEST IN HUMAN WASTE DONT SAY I TOLD YOU BUT TELL XERXES AND HIS MERRY BAND OF WHATEVERS. YOU SHOW UP WHERE I WORK AND YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF LOCKED UP TRENTON STATE. HI JAY!

#498060  by CJQ

mutz155 wrote:ALL YOU FOLKS WALKING AROUND IN RAIL YARDS. WOW! YOU ARE SO HELPFUL WITH THE INFO. ESPECIALLY THE GUY WITH THE KID. BY THE WAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING WALKING AROUND ON RAILROAD PROPERTY WITH A KID? THAT IS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE AND PRETTY STUPID. HOW SAFE IS THAT? THAT KID IS REALLY VERY LUCKY HAVING YOU AS A FATHER SHOWING ALL THE WRONG THINGS. WHEN YOU STEP ON A SPIKE WITH YOUR SNEAKERS AND WHILE JOTTING DOWN THE LATEST IN HUMAN WASTE DONT SAY I TOLD YOU BUT TELL XERXES AND HIS MERRY BAND OF WHATEVERS. YOU SHOW UP WHERE I WORK AND YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF LOCKED UP TRENTON STATE. HI JAY!
HEY MUTZ, KEN SAID HI ! :-D

#502532  by CJQ

:wink:
Last edited by CJQ on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#502909  by Spartan Phalanx

Hicksville Yard is still loaded with covered hoppers. One boxcar spotted with a lot of bricks stacked next to it. One LIRR MP-15ac spotted down by the throat of the Yard, I guess in anticipation of the snow.

No more contaminated soil being shipped out of Hicksville Yard in bathtub gondolas anymore? I have'nt seen any of those in a while. Wasn't there some scrap metal getting shipped out in gondolas also?

#503350  by CJQ

mutz155 wrote:ALL YOU FOLKS WALKING AROUND IN RAIL YARDS. WOW! YOU ARE SO HELPFUL WITH THE INFO. ESPECIALLY THE GUY WITH THE KID. BY THE WAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING WALKING AROUND ON RAILROAD PROPERTY WITH A KID? THAT IS PRETTY IMPRESSIVE AND PRETTY STUPID. HOW SAFE IS THAT? THAT KID IS REALLY VERY LUCKY HAVING YOU AS A FATHER SHOWING ALL THE WRONG THINGS. WHEN YOU STEP ON A SPIKE WITH YOUR SNEAKERS AND WHILE JOTTING DOWN THE LATEST IN HUMAN WASTE DONT SAY I TOLD YOU BUT TELL XERXES AND HIS MERRY BAND OF WHATEVERS. YOU SHOW UP WHERE I WORK AND YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF LOCKED UP TRENTON STATE. HI JAY!
Yeah ! Watch out for engines on the ground outside the Brooklyn tunnel too !
 #681317  by The Tenth Legion

The former site of Ruco Polymer on New South Road is going to be cleaned up, and the spur has been re-habbed for this project. I don't know if it's been re-configured or lengthened, or what it's car capacity is. Anybody know more about this, and how long it will take to clean the place up? Will the spur be kept to enable rail-freight access for any new industry located on the site? Thanks.
 #701098  by LRail

Is there still a produce company that receives cars in Hickville? I think it was called Mid-Island...
 #701171  by The Tenth Legion

That customer was called Mid-Island Produce, and before that it called Inland Plastics. I don't know if the spur was completely pulled up, or just buried, or if the connection to the Main Line was removed.