Railroad Forums 

• NYAR 9231?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1500632  by ConstanceR46

Hi. I'd thought that 9231 would be scrapped by 2017 - after it was moved to Gershow in ENY. However, it's apparently still sitting there, getting picked clean. Do any "insiders" know the fate of it? If i had to bet, i'd say it would eventually be genset bait, but that wouldn't explain the relative low security of it's storage. So, what gives? If it's scrap, why's it been hanging around around 10 years after it stopped being used?
 #1500820  by Backshophoss

Do you mean the remains of a SW1200 9321? :wink:
Was a refugee from another shortline,via a Loco dealer/leaser to NY&A.
 #1500999  by freightguy

I think the 9321 came from a sister railroad of the parent company Anacostia and Pacific around 2003/04. Sounds like it suffered the same fate as the GP10 202 who was the bumping block at the Medford Gershow location for years. They both came from the Louisville and Indiana(LIRC).
 #1501033  by DogBert

It's like that car on blocks on the neighbors lawn. No one knows why it's there or how long it'll sit there. The owner doesn't even know. The recent LIRR scrap contract would have been an opportune time to dispose of it. Gershow did eventually rip up that GP10, and a fire damaged LIRR caboose, so they seem a logical choice to cut it up.

Whatever happens it won't leave LI on it's own wheels.
 #1503838  by gregorygrice

It was never moved to Gershow. Simply moved to the old Heritage Paper track for storage.
 #1504178  by mirrodie

Where is that?