Railroad Forums 

• 2010 "Toys For Tots" Train

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#871135  by badorder

Just a reminder, the 2010 "Toys" is still a go for Sun. Dec 12th. The M & E mangement has been very helpful putting the
plan together with the Military Transport Association. The High Bridge Branch is first, Flanders 10:00 am, Ledgewood 11:30am, Kenvil 12:15pm, then the D&R Branch with Dover at 1:30 pm and Rockaway at 2:30pm.
Station signs are up at Flanders,Ledgewood and Kenvil and brush and debris picked up, power is suppose to be NS 3010 with the "Ohio River", boxcar #1775 and caboose #100.
The MTA is not only collecting toys for needy children this holiday season, but showing support to the U.S. Marine Reserve Unit out of Picatinny.
So after you chase the train and take your photos, drop a NEW unwrapped toy at the boxcar and take a minute to thank the Marines for their service.
the train web site is www.njoperationtoytrain.com
 #878347  by cjl330

Please, please donate a toy!!! We enjoy taking pictures of the train, but the reason the train exists is that it helps many children!!! Your donation will make a difference!!!
 #878355  by ns3010

I will definately be there to donate. My dad's friend is a part of the MTA, and offered to have me help at a few stops as well.

Hope to see some of you there!
 #879049  by badorder

Remember, this Sunday, Dec.12th. "Toys for Tots" Train on the High Bridge and D&R branches, Please donate a "NEW" and unwrapped toy at one of the stops,
 #882043  by ns3010

I was on the train, so I was able to get a pretty good feel for the astounding numbers of toys donated. John told me that they got 5,400 on Saturday, and I'm guessing we got over 2,000 at Flanders alone. Washington Middle School brought 1,270 toys, completely filling two school buses!