Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2010

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#798880  by bvesbc

Btkspot89 wrote:Drove past the ME Shops the BL-2 was sitting out side with it appearing to be idling with the smoke coming out of it. ME 18 was sitting next to it. 563 and another ex Amtrak SW 559 were also sitting outside. Photos from today are on my picasa enjoy.
http://picasaweb.google.com/btkspot89/M ... nErieShots#
Its great to see the old hog outside smoking away, I cant wait to get it back on the SBR!
 #814640  by ccutler

Driving eastbound on I-80 today I saw [in the nanosecond I had to look] a considerable cut of freight cars on the Whippany line. It looks like business must be pretty decent on that line right now. How much traffic does the Whippany line process each week?
 #814729  by joe k

You cant see the M&E Whippany line from East Bound Route 80, you are several miles away......
Was this 287 North or South maybe? Looking down at the M&E Cedar Knolls Team Track or the long siding near Eden Lane ?
 #815050  by blockline4180

joe k wrote:You cant see the M&E Whippany line from East Bound Route 80, you are several miles away......
Was this 287 North or South maybe? Looking down at the M&E Cedar Knolls Team Track or the long siding near Eden Lane ?

Unless he was talking about the D&R??
 #875940  by Btkspot89

Wow its been dead here! ME 19 just crossed railroad Ave in Kenvil, they picked up a UP labeled boxcar that was sitting behind an auto shop and then crossed Railroad Ave again with the boxcar heading Eastbound . on another note it appears ME 20 is back from the Bayway Refinery.
 #876408  by X4401

JPG76 wrote:I was 18 and 19 coupled together, no cars (18 in the lead) heading west through Wharton this morning.
I saw them also pulling 3 or 4 brown box cars down the Chester Branch from Holland in the direction of Lake Jct. They don't sound the same without the *squeak squeal rattle rattle bang bang* and repeat of the old rail lol.