Railroad Forums 

• Official Maine Eastern Thread

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#123869  by Sirsonic

Thats good to know. Its hard to find earplugs on NJT...

#123875  by njt4172

Sirsonic wrote:Thats good to know. Its hard to find earplugs on NJT...
HUH?? You lost me.....

#123907  by Jtgshu

The M and E F40's are screamers, meaning they are at full throttle to provide HEP - and therefore, the cab would be constantly very loud, either sitting at a station or running the train

#124416  by kpiersol

489 sitting outside the shops masked and in light blue primer paint. 488 sitting in Whippany masked and ready for paint (5/4/2005).
 #126165  by bwparker1

When wil the M&E resume toursit operations in Maine, if they will at all this season?

Brooks

#126345  by RS115

Wednesday at lunch time both 488 & 489 inside Morristown shops rear end out. One on each track.

Tonight the 7215 has joined the F40's and a couple of coaches on the Ridgedale passing track. More NJT coaches back in the shop area - they were all cleared out the other day. 1 Maine Eastern coach tied down on the old interchange and another in the shop area along with 18 & 20.

Up in the Staples parking lot several large storage containers have been dropped in the parking spaces usually used for viewing the M&E so locations to see down into the shop are presently limited.

Anyone know where the C425 went? It supposedly left Bayway with 7215 but haven't heard of any sightings since then.....

#137349  by octr202

And the FL9's are apparently repainted now, too...

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=109537

#137577  by nick11a

Myself, David (moderato NJ Railfan) and Mike D. caught them turning 488 around on the WYE at Denville on Tuesday at around 4:30ish. It was awesome to see. #20 helped it to and from it but 488 powered itself around the WYE. It was great. Sheer dumb luck too. Got there just in time for the show.

#137669  by octr202

I hope they look as good in person. I'm hoping to get up to ride the line in Maine this year. Its a great line, and classic F-Units should be a real treat.

#137734  by BigDell

I hope they look as good in person. I'm hoping to get up to ride the line in Maine this year. Its a great line, and classic F-Units should be a real treat.
Where in Maine will these units run?
BigDell
 #137755  by Pull Man

The Maine Eastern Excursion Train will be returning to Maine on Friday and Saturday 6/17 & 18. The consist will be FL-9's 488 & 489, coaches PINE, ELM, ASH, MAGNOLIA, and rider cars ALDER FALLS and OHIO RIVER.
The train is due to depart Morristown at 1700 hrs. on Friday 6/17. The route is as follows: BAKER to MMC to CP HUDSON. The train will depart NY PENN at 0900 Saturday to NEW HAVEN. From NEW HAVEN the train will travel the inland route through Springfield to BEACON PARK YARD. The train will continue via the Downeaster Route to RIGBY YARD where it will be forwarded through Portland for a late afternoon arrival in BRUNSWICK, Me.

The train will operate under it's own power on certain portions of the trip.