Railroad Forums 

• Official Maine Eastern Thread

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#117120  by Tri-State Tom

PVRX -

"....and M420 3562 are at Allentown. "

Eh ?

Not familiar with this unit. Can you elaborate ?

#117192  by Lackawanna484

488 is on the shop track in Morristown as of noon on Friday

No sign of the F40s

Added: 488 was in full Morristown & Erie livery, might be for the last time
Last edited by Lackawanna484 on Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

#117382  by PVRX1

Yes, 3562 was shipped down from Maine with the F40s. 3573 remains up there with 4228 and the LLPX GP15-1.

#117491  by RS115

Idle curiousity - why is a railroad with lots of serviceable motive power plus a supply of engines that could be made operational (some number of RS-11's for example cobbled together from their remaining stock) still leasing power for the Maine Eastern operation?

#119096  by bnsf lover

My dad said he saw the engines in washington today so we waited for the horns at my house thats not that far from the tracks to blow coming back through hackettststown on there way to dover and we heard them and we went down and watched the train but it came back from washington light (no cars). And they parked the engine right before the hackettstown station westbound. I guess they ran out of time for the night. So i asked the NS engineer from the engine that came back light it looked like he was taking the new jersey transit train to dover, but i asked him why they did'nt bring back the engines and he said "it was a long story" so i am guessing they were having problems with the maine and eastern engines. Maybe hooking them up to the NS engine. But the engineer told me that they would probally be coming by hackettstown around 11:00 AM tommorrow morning with the maine and eastern engines

#119372  by Angus202

291 (F40PH) and 3562 (M420) were brought back to the lake jct. interchange around 1:00 today by the HO-2 job... I was under the impression BOTH F40's were returning with the two M420... or were these the only two units spotted in allentown originally? AND, how long has 3562 had only 3 traction motors?! (front truck still has a geared axle, but no motor) Perhaps we'll get to see the F40 in service as it's cab signal equipped :-) Hit the link to see the units just aftern HO-2 took its 6 cars east (compared with the 9+2 engines for the M&E)
http://www.northshorerecording.com/rail ... astern.jpg

-Ryan

#119387  by bnsf lover

I saw the ho2 train come through hackettstown around 11:25AM and it had one maine eastern engine and it loooked like it had a former canadian national dc-9 or dc-8. I didntknow they owned that canadian national. And i thought there was going to be 2 maine eastern engines not only one.

#119464  by njt4172

I'm assuming those F40's are screamers???? If so, then they will be 10 times louder then the FL-9's when and if they pull a private chrater trip.......

#119485  by PVRX1

Two Maine Eastern F40s (265, 291) and One Maine Eastern / M&E M420 (3562) came to Allentown headed for Morristown.

One Maine Eastern / M&E M420 stood in Maine (3573)

#123047  by maddog5150

Both Maine Eastern units are sitting nose to nose behind #18 on the siding at Ridgedale Ave this morning.

One of the FL-9s is in primer at the Morristown shop complex. Also a bunch of NJT cars at the shops as well.

#123511  by njt4172

deleted
Last edited by njt4172 on Tue May 03, 2005 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#123630  by Sirsonic

Word is they have been leased to Metro-North for West-of-Hudson service. So yes, that means they will be going to NJT. I can not find any confirmation of this, but it sounds possible.

#123722  by Tri-State Tom

Sir -

Which/what is going to M-N - the FL9's or the 'bunch' of NJT coaches ?

#123739  by Sirsonic

The Maine Eastern F40's. Steves post had hinted at it, but at the request of the one who gave him the information, he was vauge in his post.

I got this information from another source, so if whoever told Steve is reading this, please know he did not spill the beans. This information has been floating around for about a month now, and I have previously mentioned this in either this or another thread. I cant remember.

#123816  by DutchRailnut

I talked to MNCR's Chief Mechanical officer last week and he denies any locomotives will be leased for west of hudson service.
specificly the M&E units, so the rumor may be just that, a rumor.