Railroad Forums 

• Official Maine Eastern Thread

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#39288  by Alcoman

The Lobster Train is SOLD OUT for the lobster fest!

#48445  by wolfmom69

Was up there less than 2 weeks ago(Rockland Yard),and the 2 M-420s had been moved from the short MOW spur off Vannah Rd. in Nobleboro,to one of the yard tracks,and were tied to the C-424#4228(which really made the 2 M-420s with their faded CN zebra scheme,look really shabby!)"Rumor" is that ONE operating unit will be made out of these 2 M-420s. In the meantime,the 2 GP-15s continue to hold down the freight service. Bud :P

#81924  by james1787

On the train to Hoboken this morning I saw one of the Maine Eastern coaches sitting at the NJTransit MMC. The car looked to be in great shape! Perhaps it was there in a holding pattern? The car was clean and the Maine Eastern logo looked brand new. Perhaps it was being refurbished somewhere? who knows.. but it looked great.

#82220  by wolfmom69

James they shipped 3 of the coaches to your area about 3 weeks ago. The 1003 may follow,as it is in Brunswick,not Rockland. Haven't had a chance to get to Rockland in a few months. Bud

#85850  by bwparker1

Bud,

Are they (ME) ending the seasonal excursion service all together, or did they (coaches in ?) just go to NJ for overhaul/storage during the winter?

Thanks,
Brooks

PS the inlaws move to Freeport from Buffalo NY in May! No there will be more reasons to visit Maine again

#86072  by wolfmom69

Looks like they went for an overhaul,storage,or maybe spring usage in N.J. The 1003 has been left on the west wye leg,just off the main,under Spring St. overpass; I worry about break ins/vandalism of this coach! Bud
 #112617  by markyk

Maine Eastern F40's #265 and #291 heading west on Guilford tonight through Fitchburg, Massachusetts........probably heading back to NJ

From what I heard, M&E will be sending replacement power up to the Maine Eastern in the weeks to come.......not clear on what the power will be

#112891  by RS115

Safe bet on that Mark would be FL-9's 488/489. They are currently in a C&O inspired blue/gray/yellow paint scheme and lettered for parent Morristown & Erie. Expect them to get painted before they venture to the rock-bound coast. ;-)

#112899  by Lackawanna484

Several of the Maine Eastern coaches are in NJ, I wonder if they'll go up with the new power?

#115356  by Lackawanna484

No sign of the Maine Eastern units in Morristown, Whippany or the local sidings (John Street jail, etc) as of Friday afternoon.

FL-9 489 has been at the Morristown shops for most of the week. I wonder if they're about to re-badge the unit for Maine Eastern service?

#115421  by markyk

The Maine Eastern Units were sitting in Allentown this morning.......

#115444  by PVRX1

The two F40s and M420 3562 are at Allentown. All three will likely go to Washington Sunday or Monday to be handed to the Dover job for delivery to the M&E.

#116760  by Lackawanna484

The F40s aren't in Morristown as of Thursday morning. Are they out at lake junction?

The 489 was outside the shop in Morristown on Tuesday and wasn't there this morning