Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, B&H, WNYP Train Movements 2011

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#905555  by dj_paige

On Tuesday, March 1, 2011, I chased the Livonia, Avon and Lakeville Railroad train from its start at Lakeville, NY, all the way north to Mortimer in Henrietta, NY. 418 and 425 supplied the power. 418 was smoking heavily.

I took a wrong turn and missed the train at the crossing at Papermill Road in Avon, NY. I caught up to it again in Avon, and was able to follow it all the way north to Mortimer in Henrietta. Because I had to find a men's room at that point, I didn't get to take photos of the train crossing the Genesee River near Genesee Junction. Bummer. :(

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15947776@N ... 6055151029
 #907915  by FarmallBob

Spotted LAL 418 and 420 setting off a string of covered hoppers and tank cars in Genesee Jct late this morning.

In the midst of their activity they were joined by CSX B781 local that arrived and set off its 5 cars. The 418 and 420 then coupled to the 5 cars and departed for points south.

More photos posted here: http://farmallbob.rrpicturearchives.net ... x?id=65442

...FB
 #911941  by railbird steve

8: 45 pm to-nite wnyp-632(?) with 17 cars for the n.s intrerchange picked up 10 cars at hornell ns ran 2 westbounds around em. nypa has ben running after dark latley at least every other day ps.- finally seen an emty col train (527) going west on the wypa thus morning did n.s take the loads off the line?
 #917168  by railbird steve

wnynp 431 on the ol-1 at hornell with 7 cars. picked up 18 at the intrechange it had a wheel sticking problem with eng. 431 waitad on 22k east and 532 (coal on wynp?) headed back to olean 10:25 pm 18 cars ,4228 lead 431 trail and possibily dead-the crew had big problems with eng 431 mabey its time for new power? Just my opinion.
 #923850  by ckwwestshore

A bit off topic, but does anyone know approximately when I can expect the daily H4W to show up in Driftwood to interchange with WNYP? While I'm on the subject, how about the B&P and the Lycoming Valley? When do they come?

Charlie
 #937328  by the1jp

I got back into Avon village at about 5:30 on Wed. just in time to watch the duo of 425 and 420 drop 2 at Barilla,put about 10 in the west siding and then head south out of town.
About 6:45 the train was back in the village yard.
I wonder if they outlawed?