Railroad Forums 

• Radio frequencies for WNYP/BH/LAL

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#660901  by train2

Last night I was programing my new radio (not a scanner) and I in inadvertently overwrote an older channel that I think was from my trip to see WYNP and B&H. Would someone be so kind as to list all three road's radio frequencies so I can do a little trouble shooting.

many thanks
 #661242  by C. J. Brooks

BR&P wrote:A programmable radio but not a scanner?
A commercial radio, i.e. a Motorola. Most require you have special software and a cable to connect it to a computer, as very few are face-programmable like scanners are.
 #661405  by C. J. Brooks

BR&P wrote:That's my point. A scanner is one thing - a radio capable of transmitting on railroad frequencies is another.
The beauty of commercial radios is that you can disable the transmit feature via programming on the computer, and there is absolutely no way to overcome that in the field.
 #661509  by kf7strng

C. J. Brooks wrote: The beauty of commercial radios is that you can disable the transmit feature via programming on the computer, and there is absolutely no way to overcome that in the field.
Aren't there even Radios out there that aren't programmable that operate the same way? They are able to RX on ALL channels in that radios range, but cannot TX on all?
 #661546  by train2

I keep all my radios set to not transmit so that none of my friends can pick them up and play around. I have a radio that I have a legal right to use and it happens to be in the band that will accept RR frequiences to receive only.