Railroad Forums 

• Coach cars in Olean Yard

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#619042  by kf7strng

I was in Olean this past Sunday afternoon, and I noticed 3 coach cars in Olean Yard. Has this been discussed already? I do not remember the road numbers, but it looked like they *might* have come from Union Pacific? The units were UP's signature Yellow, and only had red numbers on them.It is pure specuation at this point as to what railroad they belong to, but I have only seen UP paint schemes like what I saw. No pictures, Sorry guys. Anyone that has SEEN these units, or has pictures, please help me here.
 #619099  by pablo

As has been discussed elsewhere about the interwebs, a group on the WNYP near Meadville had their equipment auctioned off, and most of it has travelled east to the M&E via the WNYP.

I am 99% sure that this is what it is; I've seen that equipment, and I've also read reports that said equipment has already begun to move.

Dave Becker
 #619134  by kf7strng

Dave,
If you have seen the same website i have, then you are probably talking about US Bronze. While the photos I saw were of an amtrak coach, and a red caboose, i'm not sure if the other units I saw were part of their assets as well. It would stand to reason though that you are most likely correct, as the sale had slipped my mind when I first started the topic.

Andy
 #619363  by pablo

Actually, I don't remember anything other than the UP cars when I went by once. I'm pretty sure that these are the same cars.

Dave Becker
 #638591  by kf7strng

I was just in olean again on 2-13, and 2/14, and I saw the coach cars still sitting there. I have attached a picture of the image. please have a look and see if they are still the same cars we are talking about.
 #640279  by Tadman

They actually look like ex-CN cars made by CCF.
 #678437  by Bartman-tn

The cars were on the spur track at the west end of Olean as of today. There are 3 yellow cars (4401, 4404, 4585), a car lettered Atlantic Railcar, and a fifth car that looked to be in old SP paint. Any updates on these?