Railroad Forums 

• Question about a structure

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#585954  by railfan87

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered in the past but I work near the tracks on Erie Station Road and I have noticed a structure about 400 feet north of the Erie Station Road crossing and on the west side of the tracks. Does anybody know what it is and if it was railroad related? Thanks

Brad
 #586042  by apratt

railfan87 wrote:I'm not sure if this topic has been covered in the past but I work near the tracks on Erie Station Road and I have noticed a structure about 400 feet north of the Erie Station Road crossing and on the west side of the tracks. Does anybody know what it is and if it was railroad related? Thanks

Brad
I don't know what the structure is, but a 1941 map in the Monroe County library system doesn't show it. The map does show the station on the east side of the track, and seems to show a siding on the west side of the main. I know this isn't very helpful, but I had a hard enough time finding info on the station location when I searched several years ago.