Railroad Forums 

• NEW CMO for WNY&P, LA&L,B&H-Good News!

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#560323  by Luther Brefo

Sean, your enthusiasm is over the top which is not necessarily a bad thing but the real railroads cannot afford volunteerism. It's not about paying them but rather the liability issues. If you want to help out with guidance, come out to the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum. It's an all volunteer organization and you'd have time and people willing to teach you the ways.
 #560496  by Lehighton_Man

Boy, havent i heard that one before. teehee. I do Visit the RGVRRM, when my parents allow it(but seemingly, their plans seem to ovderride mine..quite annoying) I was going to come today, in hopes of doing some work, but Barn Painting got in the way of that.. Meh. stuff happens.
Hopefully you'll see my eager face show up next week!
Sean
 #560587  by Luther Brefo

Well Sean,

What I said was not an attempt at a verbal insult but rather the realities of the whole situation. How old are you anyways? Get a license as soon as you can. Are you employed or employable? If so, get a summer job and start saving up. Eventually you will have enough for your own method of self-transportation, owning a vehicle is very liberating. Were you that kid that was there the day the 211 was making rounds?

As for the LA&L's new CMO, let's see what he can do before we chastise him. Perhaps he will be able to continue from where KJM left behind. It is interesting to note that he is hired first as CMO of the WNYP, then LA&L, then B&H. July 31st can't come soon enough.
 #560733  by Lehighton_Man

Luther Brefo wrote:What I said was not an attempt at a verbal insult...
I understand Luther. I wasnt being angry or snappy, i was just supplying a cheerful answer. I'm 14 now, i'll be 15 next year. I do have a summer job, and i do already have a Vehicle, so theres 2 birds with one stone ;) Sadly, i wasnt there when 211 was making her rounds. As much as i would've liked to be, i wasnt.
Sorry for a complete off-topic waffling guys.. :(
Sean