Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, WNYP, B&H Train Movements 2008

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#592504  by Sandy Burton

638 went east tonight (Sunday) from Olean on the point of MEHN replacing 6084 which had some problems. Two other EMD leasers were the rest of the power. Of course, by the time they got out of town it was dark.

The only other Alco on the scene was 431.

Sandy
 #593804  by alsorailfan

Wed. 10/22/08 432 leading 425 out of Lakeville. Forgot to mention in the 10/15-10/17 post that I just about get seasick watching the 432 wobble down the tracks hence my pictures of the trucks. Also 418 and the Traveller went on the road. Unless I hear otherwise, will try to post some northbound pictures this weekend. Note to Moderators: If you hear from the LA&L officials/ Board directors requesting no pictures, I shall honor that request. And if this last statement should be deleted, then do so. Thanks.
chris
 #594476  by the1jp

Avon Village report:
I arrived back in the village about 5:30 on Friday 10/24 to find the 432 and 425 doing some final car sorting before heading south to Lakeville at around 5:45. 432 leading SB with 14 hoppers and tanks. The cloud of smoke from the engines was really great as they accelerated SB up the hill.
 #597212  by NS59

522 came East through Carrollton,NY in the mid morning. A standard cab SD60 leading a wide cab of some sorts. The train was mostly SOM hoppers. I noticed one other railfan out chasing the train through what was left of the snow!

My luck seems to have run out on the DFT & MEHN of Fridays. For several week I was routinely catching the DFT & MENH departing Olean around 11:30AM - 12:30 PM. Not this week. Anyone know roughly what kind of schedule the MEHN is runing these days?
 #599556  by EMTRailfan

My brother and I chased the ME-2 to Rynd Farm on Monday 11/3. Beautifal day, and had a great time.

Here's 3 teasers until I get the rest edited.
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 078&nseq=0
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 080&nseq=0
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 222&nseq=0

Probably won't put anymore on RP, but I'll post them here
when I get them done.

Thanks,
Kevin
 #599660  by EMTRailfan

Here are the rest of the photos from our ME-2 chase on WEDNESDAY, NOV 5TH, 2008. I reported the incorrect day/date in my post above, Oops.
Coming into Cochranton on the Oil City Branch.

Shot during interchange with the OC&T at Rynd Farm. The name says it all.

Crossing Rt8 at Rynd Farm, headed north back through Oil City and Franklin to call it a day.

The ME-2 will cross Oil Creek one last time after this, and will then be back on the Oil City Branch. Photo location near Webco and the old Hoss's.

After leaving the Rouseville Industrial, ME-2 is back on the Oil City Branch and headed for home.

Yes, the ME-2 is in the photo, so it applies here. He's just using the darkness to hide. He is just right of center, and you can see the sky shining on the tanks. If you zoom in, you can see 421's number boards lit. Figured this shot would make a nice end to the report, since it also made an end to our chase in the villiage of Sugarcreek.
 #600834  by kf7strng

DFT-11 Nothbound past Sterling Run,Pa crossing. Headed towards CP Emporium on the Buffalo Line wwith 4 or so cars. Stopping at buffalo yard in Emporium,PA to pick up 10 loaded coal hoppers. Power ws WNYP 630 leading, and HLCX 6084.
 #605091  by Otto Vondrak

EMTRailfan wrote:My brother and I chased the ME-2 to Rynd Farm on Monday 11/3. Beautifal day, and had a great time.
GREAT pictures!

-otto-
 #609305  by scottychaos

the1jp wrote:Quick Avonites!!!!

While rushing to work Wed. AM spotted small GE's behind the log cars.
What's happening????

This is whats happening:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 28&t=54889

Scot