Railroad Forums 

• LA&L, WNYP, B&H Train Movements 2008

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#582165  by Sandy Burton

I forgot to mention that WNY&P 637 and 638 were still in the yard at Gang Mills on Sunday afternoon after having been delivered by the B&H last Wednesday. I did not check today due to time constraints and fear of a divorce if we delayed our departure for home any longer. :wink:

Sandy
 #582727  by Luther Brefo

Sandy Burton wrote:Action on Monday, September 22, 2008
Are these being used for garbage or construction debris?
It seems to me that they were using at least one of these cars to clean up the mess made at the end of the line when the crossing came out.
72 was the yard engine and also made a trip to the grain elevator, whose name escapes me (not Howells), on the Livonia stub.
Lakeville PACMA. Howletts is in Avon.
432 was up on jacks while work was being performed on the trucks. The springs have arrived!
Springs got here last year sometime but it is a good thing the work is being performed. This engine has generated zero tractive effort and zero horsepower for too long. It'll be nice to have another one back on the road.
B&H 422 and LAL 423 had 66, yes 66, cars northbound out of Painted Post today at approximately 3:45 pm. All but one were LPG cars. By Coopers Plains at 4:00 pm. They had 21 cars on the southbound trip, if I counted correctly.
Business is always a good thing. :) Now to diversify said business.
It was a beautiful day to photograph trains in central New York today. :-D

Sandy
And I was at work all day. Care to share the photos?
 #582910  by Sandy Burton

Luther,

Thanks for the input. I did not think about the mess they made when the crossing was removed in Lakeville. Since there were two more cars sitting down there, that is a likely scenario.

I knew the mill was not Howells, but did not know the name was Lakeville PACMA.

Most of the film is still in the camera and the rest has not been sent out for processing. Once I get it back I will be glad to share some pictures. Hopefully I will be able to send you something this weekend.

Sandy
 #583106  by pablo

I'm not one of those paint-it-all people frothing at the mouth to paint everything...but I vaguely recall the interest to paint the 432 before it came back "home." Yes? Knowledge of any such plans?

Dave Becker
 #583264  by Sandy Burton

Dave,

Are you sure that it was the 432 and not the 433? My memory on that subject is a little hazy, but I do remember talking to Kevin, probably more than a year ago, regarding painting another C-430. It might have been the 432, but I seem to recall it was 433. But I would not swear to either in court. :-)

Sandy
 #583793  by NS59

Busy Day at Olean today:

With 15 minutes of each other, the MEHN & DFT departed Olean. The MEHN headed East for Hornell with the #630 & #631 and about 20 cars around 1130AM with the DFT hot on it heals headed South with a trio of EMD lease units and 17 Cars.

The MEHN must be what used to be the 397/398 as it was a mixed freight not a work train. I chased it as fair as friendship.

The DFT had work to do at Turtle Point before heading on to Driftwood.

In Olean Yard were a WNYP caboose, an Atlanta Railcar coach, 3 4 axle Alcos, #637 & #638 plus 1 6 axle EMD.
 #583909  by VTM

[quote="Luther Brefo"]It seems to me that they were using at least one of these cars to clean up the mess made at the end of the line when the crossing came out."

Wrong

VTM
 #583919  by pablo

VTM, good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Sandy, I, too, could not swear to it. But I thought it was the 432, since so much needed to be done with it to get it back to shape, the thoughts was that it would get a fresh coat of paint, too. I remember some of that work being cabling, which required the unit to be jacked up to do so. I know there wasa lot more to do.

If the 6-axles are enough for now, perhaps that unit will get painted after all.

Of course, there is the strong possibility that I am completely wrong.

Dave Becker
 #585486  by Otto Vondrak

pablo wrote:I'm not one of those paint-it-all people frothing at the mouth to paint everything...
Just for the record... I am. ;-)
 #586907  by NS59

MEHN out of Olean around 12:30PM with the #630 leading the #636. DFT boarding three EMDs in the yard as we were leaving to chase the MEHN. Fairly close to a repeat of last Friday.

#631 idling under the sand tower with the #637 & #638 no where in sight. Anyone know where these two may have gone?
 #591701  by the1jp

Avon village report:
I saw the Thursday train sitting on the main while I was driving to work on Friday morning.The team must have run light to Lakeville Thurs. p m.