Railroad Forums 

• Status of the "get Ready to work" units

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#435100  by railwatcher

Does anyone know the status of the units getting readied for work?

#432- Last mentions getting truck work

#433- Was in the middle of restoration

#550- Received from Florida's Seminole Gulf

#418- needed compressor work, recieved from ONCT

#4223-received from M&E

#4264-received from M&E

#4228-Has it arrived yet from Maine?

#3664-from NYSW

#3666-from NYSW

#3668-from NYSW

Anybody got equipment updates?
 #435186  by Alcoman

railwatcher wrote:Does anyone know the status of the units getting readied for work?

#432- Last mentions getting truck work

#433- Was in the middle of restoration

#550- Received from Florida's Seminole Gulf

#418- needed compressor work, recieved from ONCT

#4223-received from M&E

#4264-received from M&E

#4228-Has it arrived yet from Maine?

#3664-from NYSW

#3666-from NYSW

#3668-from NYSW

Anybody got equipment updates?
The 4228 was in Mohawk Yard last week.The 3 M636's are "in Transit"

#435302  by railwatcher

Luther Brefo wrote:Look at the diesel status thread here:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 178#435178

Updates will be posted there as they come in.
Really?! I thought my questions were specific to information that wasn't already posted. So, I asked them, and if someone knows the information and is willing or able to give me the answers just maybe it will be posted here.

#435652  by scottychaos

#3664-from NYSW

#3666-from NYSW

#3668-from NYSW

Arrived in Cohocton today, (Saturday 8/18)
I just photographed them (in Cohocton) about an hour ago..
pics coming soon.

They were supposed to be picked up yesterday, (Friday) I sat in Painted Post for an hour about 3-4 pm yesterday, chatting with Richard Perry, who was also waiting for them.
Richard got pics of them through Painted Post this afternoon.

Scot

#438767  by sallenparks

OK it's been quit for awhile I'll ask where in the world is C424 4228 and for that matter why are the big sixes still done in Bingo are they moving or not.

#440023  by railwatcher

#4228 has been reported as LOST????? :P That tears it! How do you loose a locomotive, that railfans all over the place have been watching for?

#440026  by Alcoman

On tuesday, 8/28, 4228 was STILL in Mohawk Yard. I hear the Guilford (pambam) have been using it as a yard switcher.

#440038  by pablo

Would that be considered legal if a locomotive was in transit and then plugged into service without consent?

We should also take this with a grain of salt regarding the recent rumors across the board (this has nothing to do with John) until someone gets a picture of the unit smoking away outside of Schenectady.

This is Alplaus, right? When would the last ALCO have worked up there, John?

Dave Becker

#440040  by railwatcher

Meanwhile, back in Western New York, there is a railroad that is short of power and needs the unit they leased........ Goes back to what is acceptable in terms of time to transport a unit from one place to the next?

#440061  by sallenparks

Just in case 4228 is in Conklin.See the locomotive part of this forum.

#440078  by railwatcher

sallenparks wrote:Just in case 4228 is in Conklin.See the locomotive part of this forum.
Still it isn't in Cohocton, Lakeville, Olean or Falconer. Found, but still not making revenue for the company making the lease payments yet, now is it?
 #440170  by EDM5970

Back in 1972 or 1973, with both Alcos down, Morristown and Erie leased a GP-7, 1567 IIRC, from the B&M. Well, it took forever in getting to Morristown, and was eventually found on Hoboken on an E-L work train.

Not the first time that a unit being transferred from one road to another was" borrowed"---

#440237  by wolfboy8171981

sallenparks wrote:Just in case 4228 is in Conklin.See the locomotive part of this forum.
The M&E (RRPX) didnt pay the NYSW with money they paid them with horsepowerhours to move M&E 4264 and RRPX 4223. Which is why at least one was seen under load (for a short time) on SU-99 leaving NJ Perhaps the M&E did the same with #4228 leaving Maine, although this seems to be a little longer than expected.