Railroad Forums 

• High Iron Travel will roll E8's on WNYP - Nov. 2007

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#418353  by railwatcher

Included in their Steamtown Rail Charter tour, High Iron Travel will take their E8's and passenger cars over the WNYP from Hornell to Olean, stay overnight, and head south on the WNYP's newly acquired Buffalo Line.

Nov. 2-5. ULTRA-RARE-MILEAGE TRIP TO STEAMTOWN
High Iron Travel in cooperation with Bennett Levin's Juniata Terminal Ry. is offering the following trip to help support Steamtown.

Power will be Bennett's E8's.

Friday, Nov. 2: Special leaves Philadelphia for Reading and Allentown via ex-Reading; then on the ex-Lehigh Valley to Easton. At Easton we cross the Delaware river on the Lehigh & Hudson River bridge and continue north to Brairards where we re-cross the Delaware on the ex DL&W, pass through Martins' Creek and continue through Bangor, to Portland where we join the original DL&W mainline. Then up the DL&W main line to Scranton. We lay over at Steamtown.

Saturday, Nov. 3: All day at Steamtown. Admission to the museum the the trolley line is included. Steamtown will be operating a steam excursion today.

Sunday, Nov. 4: Scranton to Binghamton (edx-DL&W; now CP); then west on the "Southern Tier" (ex-Erie) to Olean where we will overnight. Dinner off the train tonight.

Monday, Nov. 5: Today we return to Philadelphia via the ex-PRR Buffalo line over Keating Summit. to Harrisburg.

Equipment: Caritas, open platform business car; Cimarron River (ex-Frisco sleeper).

Fares: Per person, Double occupancy: $4,950. Roometter supplement: $250. Includes all en route meals (except lunch and dinner at Steamtown). Admission to Steamtown, Trolley ride and donation to Steamtown Museum.

Here's the link: http://www.highirontravel.com/

#418555  by Mike Walsh

wow, cimarron river is going a long way from home... St. Louis, to be exact! Perhaps if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get some photos... but probably not, as I'll likely be in school.

Mike

#418577  by 5400

Well, you can always call me, I might be able to help you find it if you do decide to come down. You don't have class on Sunday do you?

I know I'll be sharpshooting to see if there's need for a pilot :)

Does anyone have pictures of the equipment that's going to be used on this trip?

#418643  by Mike Walsh

taken from www.cimriver.com

:)

I see it all the time in St. Louis.. apparently they just leave it parked in the yard, which is strange.... at least, every time I'm around...

#436520  by jhdeasy

Dominion Rail Voyages' bedroom lounge car MOUNT VERNON will also be in the consist of Juniata Terminal Company's "Susquehanna Limited" excursion on November 2-5, 2007. MOUNT VERNON has space available for this rare mileage trip ... at a price over $1,000 lower than those being charged by High Iron Travel for accomodations onboard CARITAS and CIMARRON RIVER. For additional information, please see:

http://www.dominionrailvoyages.com

Photo of MOUNT VERNON arriving Chicago July 10, 2003 on Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited.