Railroad Forums 

• So, where are all of these "New" Locos, now?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#428705  by sallenparks

So does anyone know where the 4223&4264 are right now I was in Bingo Yesterday no sign of either. Four or Five of the M's where still their but not the four axles.

#430119  by sallenparks

4223&4264 left Bingo today about 4:00 Elmira by 7:09.

#430547  by Luther Brefo

A friend of mine tells me that the NS dropped of RRPX 4223 and WNYP 4264 earlier today. NS Local H77 handed the engines over to the B&H job WACH-3 at Gang Mills.

#430645  by scottychaos

Luther Brefo wrote:A friend of mine tells me that the NS dropped of RRPX 4223 and WNYP 4264 earlier today. NS Local H77 handed the engines over to the B&H job WACH-3 at Gang Mills.
B&H? so they must be going to Cohocton then..interesting.
are they going to start doing more repair work at Cohocton?
would make sense, since Lakeville always seems to be at capacity as far as engines being worked on.
but I have never heard of major work being done at Cohocton before.

of course, maybe these particular two engines dont need major work?

Scot

#430655  by pablo

I don't know for sure, but it has been posted a variety of times and places that these units didn't need major work.

"Mid-major" work has been done at Cohocton before, most notably by the Cartier's. They were prepped there before service on the NYSW.

It makes sense that they would go where they were still close to Lakeville and on friendly, rail closer to the WNYP.

Dave Becker

#430672  by scottychaos

pablo wrote:
It makes sense that they would go where they were still close to Lakeville and on friendly, rail closer to the WNYP.

Dave Becker
good point..
it is probably easier to get these units to the WNYP from Painted Post than it is from Lakeville..

Scot

#430685  by RS115

These two units should need minimal attention. 4223 has been in regular service at Morristown and Bayway until very recently. 4264 probably needs more attention as it has been stored/infrequently used by M&E. That said it was observed running and saw limited usage a couple of months ago when then rumors of the sale/lease of these two (and 4228) to WNYP started.

#430687  by ANDY117

Final 3 NYSW units are up in Syracuse, the other 5 are stored in Binghamton. They weill head west as 1 movement to keep the costs down, and make things easier. I'll let you guys know when they get here, and a target date for the move.
 #431012  by Sandy Burton

4223 and 4264 arrived in Cohocton minus their horns which were stolen from the cabs enroute. The cabs were left unlocked at Passaic Jct. because the Susquehanna wanted to use them for power on SU-99. Someone took advantage of that somewhere between Passaic Jct. and Cohocton. What a wonderful world we live in!!!

Just to remove any doubts, the 4264 has been sold to the WNY&P and the two C-424s are leased to the WNY&P for a year. This is from Mr. "RRPX" himself.

Sandy

#431047  by pablo

Gotta hand it to the geniuses at the Susie-Q...they really know how to take care of power!

Dave Becker

#431139  by railwatcher

Imagine that--------> NYSW wanted to use an ALCo for power on a train. :P
 #431209  by Luther Brefo

Sandy Burton wrote:4223 and 4264 arrived in Cohocton minus their horns which were stolen from the cabs enroute.
Sandy
That is simply unfortunate. Why can't people just learn to leave alone that which is not theirs for the taking?

#431215  by thebigham

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 492736.jpg
"Saturday morning at the tunnel.
An east bound empty coal train had to wait about an hour for west bound MOED before going through the bore.They had plenty of power for this train. NS 7533w followed by NS 9402e, NS 9487e, CP 5916w, CP 6017e, and the M&E Alco 4228e.

Photographed by Jon Landry, August 4, 2007.
Railroad: Pan Am Railways."

#4228 heading for NYS.

Moderator's Note: Picture placed in img tags and text description added. Also note the open cab door on the 4228.

#431628  by scottychaos

ANDY117 wrote:Final 3 NYSW units are up in Syracuse, the other 5 are stored in Binghamton. They weill head west as 1 movement to keep the costs down, and make things easier. I'll let you guys know when they get here, and a target date for the move.
Andy,
do you know if any of the 8 are still operating?
or are they all stored at this point?

and do you know which 3 are in Syracuse and which 5 in Binghamton?
im finding some conflicting numbers on-line..

and..if all 8 are now stored..which was the last to run with Susquehanna?
and when?
that could be a historic run!
possibly (probably) the last-ever Susquehanna Alco.

thanks!
Scot