Railroad Forums 

• Night time trains on the LA&L

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#407850  by railwatcher

For the past month, or more, the LA&L has been in progress of rebuilding and laying CWR. With all the day work on the ROW, trains are running evenings leaving Lakeville between 7 and 8pm Tuesdays thru Fridays. This has leads to some better times, or different opportunities, to railfan, although sometimes is has gotten dark before they can get to Avon.

Last night as I was returning home I saw the train returning to the main off of the Avon Industrial, at Mains St.. In the dark there were two kids at the crossing that tried to hop the train, but were surprised by the man on the back of the train. This must be one of the down sides of a night operation. As they started towards the tank car ladder, I moved my car so the headlights were shinning on them. They took off running.

#408146  by nessman

Must explain why I heard the train horn during the Chase Corporate Challenge at RIT last week around 7:30 pm or so...