Railroad Forums 

• When is the target date for the WNYP's Buffalo line?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#382484  by railwatcher

Has anyone heard a date that the WNYP will start operating the NS Buffalo line? The acquisition went real fast to make the deadline for taxing, but now when does the service change? Anyone heard anything that can be passed on?

Greg

#400149  by johnpbarlow

These 98 miles of trackage offer interesting new traffic opportunities for WNY&P. Is there any talk of additional NS bridge traffic made possible by this acquisition? Or is all the traffic to be strictly local shipping?

#416049  by Luther Brefo

From the NS Buffalo Line Group:
The Surface Transportation Board ("surf board") today rendered a decision that the exemption requested by the WNY&P to operate the BL will be effective August 3, 2007. This is the earliest date for actual operations to begin and they may in fact start later. Time will tell.

#416136  by RS-3

Given WNY&P's desire to have the date asap I'd be shocked to see not happen on August 3ed. Its "possible", but not likely. (Well Aug 3 is a Friday, so on Monday the 6th things should be ready to get down to business.)

If nothing else this delay gives them a little extra time to get all their ducks (people, locomotives) in a row.

RS

#416521  by Luther Brefo

RS-3 wrote:Given WNY&P's desire to have the date asap I'd be shocked to see not happen on August 3ed. Its "possible", but not likely. (Well Aug 3 is a Friday, so on Monday the 6th things should be ready to get down to business.)

If nothing else this delay gives them a little extra time to get all their ducks (people, locomotives) in a row.

RS
August 3 would be sixty days after the certification of the filing with the STB.

#416803  by 5400

I can confirm that date. :)

As of right now, all is well, there still might be some manpower needs, and there's a new timetable and general orders comming.

I'll let you all know when you can expect to see an Alco tackling Keating Summit. :)

#421570  by lakeshoredave

You've gotta believe they will take this trackage more seriously than NS did. NS basically let it go for nothing. Shaq being traded for Lamar Odom thinks that NS wanted to do anything possible to get rid of this trackage.

#421611  by RS-3

Otto, I'd be curious to know how reliable your source is. I honestly don't know (and I've not heard this myself), but it seems odd that they would fight to have the date ASAP in July only to turn around and end up pushing the date back. (Not that anything isn't possible.) STB set September 3ed as the date. Is there anything more you can tell us?

RS

#421822  by 5400

Last edited by 5400 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.