Railroad Forums 

• LAL 10/10/06

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#305252  by alsorailfan

Tuesday Oct. 10 2006

Pure stroke of luck that I caught 425 and 420 (which had a bath and is shining clean!) at Genesee Junction/Scottsville rd around 3:50 pm. It was backing up for the final coupling (I assume) and then it was pumping air(?) until about 4:30 when it started to head south. Just a few moments before, CSX westbound went by. Went to BHTL road and there was another meet with CSX! Did not have my good camera with me but still took a few pictures. Went to Leigh Station rd where there was a contractor crew finishing up the underground drilling. Noticed a new signal box as well as new insulated tie plates approx. 40 feet on either side of the road. Counted 54 cars!

Greg, you said you wanted some more involvements from the other railfans, well here it is! Chris

#306040  by railwatcher

Thanks Chris! Keep up the good work. My posts have been sporadic lately due to my bus driving schedule. The former job at the now defunct Coach USA of WNY left me lots of "play time" and now I am working alot with Golden Memories, so my viewing times are being subdued.

To all the other readers..............and yes, you too can post a sighting report for any of the Livonia Avon and Lakeville rail lines right on this forum!!!

Greg