Railroad Forums 

• Need track map of the LAL

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#174574  by keeper1616

I'm looking for (if one exists) a map or direction in creating one of the LAL route to help with modeling. I have the northern portion (henrietta/rush)pretty much done/known about, but if there is something like a ZTS map around, that would help tremendously!! thanks
 #174875  by Matt Langworthy

Most local libraries have a topo map you can look at. There is also a gazette of NY state topo maps (on a smaller scale) that you can puchase at Worldwide News.
 #175004  by keeper1616

I have a gazetter for NY as well as all of the 7'5 topo maps for NYS, ut most of those were made years ago and the land has changed. I was looking for one that (like a zts map) would accuratly show siding facings etc....
Matt Langworthy wrote:Most local libraries have a topo map you can look at. There is also a gazette of NY state topo maps (on a smaller scale) that you can puchase at Worldwide News.

#186041  by Otto Vondrak

Cyrus,

The Rochester Railfan website has old Conrail ZTS maps for the section from Genesee Junction to Avon... from Avon to Lakeville, you'll have to trace topo maps, or check the article that was in Railfan & Railroad a few years back.

-otto-