Railroad Forums 

• Car on LA&L 1970s

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#1261475  by nydepot

Can anyone help ID this car on the LA&L in Livonia in the 1970s. Reporting marks appear be to EK (Eastman Kodak) most of number is obscured.

Thanks,
LAL.jpg
 #1261638  by TB Diamond

Location is incorrect as the car is on the old dock spur in Lakeville compass south of Rt. 20A.
 #1261926  by BR&P

Car was formerly Eastman Kodak, not sure who owned it originally. Kodak used it for in-plant service only, hence the lack of an "X" reporting mark.
 #1264041  by boblenon

In a museum before my time...

http://rgvrrm.org/about/railroad/nyc497862/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The RGVRRM, at the time Rochester Chapter of NRHS, got the car from Kodak in the early 70s as I understand... and it spent a few years in storage on the LAL, as we did not have a switch to EL/Conrail yet. The details of it going from NYC to Kodak, or RGV getting it, I do not know. I can tell you that it must've been in a nice accident at one time as the corner was rebuilt. It also sports axle/wheel sets from 4 different railroads; DTI is the only one I can recall.

Nice photo .... never seen one of the car in previous locations.
 #1264359  by BR&P

IIRC, before the NRHS had any rolling stock on display, both that car and the BR&P caboose were stored on a spur at South Lima, on the part of the LA&L which is now abandoned. The caboose was later moved to Industry and became the first piece of equipment at the museum. The flat car joined it at a later date after a switch was installed.