Railroad Forums 

• new LA&L business in Avon

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#9671  by avonrailfan62

The spur to the new agricultural (grain?) transfer business just north of the Village of Avon appears ready for railcars! I'm not exactly sure as to what will be stored in the new elevators, but the whole operation is just several years old. This will be the second transfer facility for the LA&L, with the first being located at the end of the existing portion of the former Livonia segment off Bronson Hill Road near Lakeville.

#15324  by bwparker1

There were 3-4 Covered hoppers spotted on this spur on 4/24/2004
I was just driving by and didn't get a great look
Brooks
 #15397  by nessman

avonrailfan62 wrote:The spur to the new agricultural (grain?) transfer business just north of the Village of Avon appears ready for railcars! I'm not exactly sure as to what will be stored in the new elevators, but the whole operation is just several years old. This will be the second transfer facility for the LA&L, with the first being located at the end of the existing portion of the former Livonia segment off Bronson Hill Road near Lakeville.
You mean this one? Taken yesterday from a plane.
 #16308  by avonrailfan62

Thanks for the photo Les!

#16321  by Otto Vondrak

I cant tell- it looks like it's not double ended... so it looks like they have to do all the switching in Avon yard before they head to the siding?

-otto-
 #80683  by avonrailfan62

There appears to be steady business at the new grain elevator north of Avon. Seems to always be 2-3 hopper cars on the siding or under the elevator.