Railroad Forums 

• pic of B&H running light heading north into Bath.

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#9571  by FL9AC

Just thought I'd share a picture I shot of the B&H 422 and LA&L 423 heading north into Bath on friday. This was shot from the 17/86 overpass. Any NS or WNY&P trains planned sometime this week?

#9773  by nessman

Great picture!

#9889  by FL9AC

oh, no problem! :) . when I looked over and saw those Headlights coming down the tracks, I went from 65-0mph in a hurry.

#9921  by nessman

Some several odd years ago while going down the highway north of Bath, I caught one of the S-1's pulling a short train north where the line goes under 17. Perfect timing - but no camera. It was a nice little treat though.

Is it me - or is there something mystifyingly neat about watching a light engine move?

#10103  by FL9AC

It is really neat to watch a light engine move. It's nice and it doesn't happen too often compared to normal railroad traffic. Especially to see two beautiful ALCo's trumbling down stick rail. :)

#12207  by Otto Vondrak

FL9AC- had a similar experience two years ago, driving north on NY 17 outside of Corning... was in search of B&H, when I see red Alco Century coming my way, and the B&H unit on the other end! I didnt wait to find a u-turn! My jeep headed over the media and I chased the short train to a few spots (easy- top speed is 30 on that track)... got some killer shots along a dairy farm. All I needed was just a little bit more sun!

-otto-

#12667  by FL9AC

Otto,

that's great! did the pics come out alright? Was this before the C430 had it's WNY&P lettering/numbering? (assuming that was the red ALCo you saw)I'd be interested to see them if you've posted them somewhere. I'm only in the Western New York area for another 3 weeks so not too sure when I'll be able to see the LA&L/WNY&P/B&H again in the near future.
 #94085  by Matt Langworthy

Hey Otto!
I gotto look thru my stck of pics but I might have some shots of that C-430 and a C424 running light on the B&H thru Bath. It will probably take some time, but keep after me so I don't forget!

Sincerely,
Matt Langworthy
 #111844  by railwatcher

LAL's #423 was running by itself, on the B & H RR today, spotted just north of Bath at the I-86 bridges, at about 3:15 PM. Is this unit going to go back to the LAL anytime soon, or is it staying permanantly with the B & H?