Railroad Forums 

• MofW improvement projects listed in Progressive Railroading

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#1177212  by videobruce

Progressive Railroading has listed the following for M of W capital improvement projects:

LA & L
Install .5 mile 132 lb CWR
Install 4,100 ties
Rebuild four timber bridge decks
Rehab the Red Creek bridge also waterway & masonry repairs in Henrietta
Most notably; Add a new 1300' storage track in Lakeville.

B&H;
Install .7 mile of 132lb CWR
Surface 10 miles
Install 7,300 ties & 4,000 tons of ballast
Rebuild 4 bridge timber decks
Most notable; Restoring a 2.2 mile branch for a new industry in Bath.

WNY & P;
Install 1.5 miles of 132lb CWR
Surface 35 miles
Install 3,500 ties & 8,000 tons of ballast
Most notable; Realign 2,500' of track from retired bridge to unused rehabbed structure in Falconer
 #1178033  by map193

videobruce wrote:Progressive Railroading has listed the following for M of W capital improvement projects
WNY & P;
Install 1.5 miles of 132lb CWR
Surface 35 miles
Install 3,500 ties & 8,000 tons of ballast
Most notable; Realign 2,500' of track from retired bridge to unused rehabbed structure in Falconer
I drove past the grade crossing at Stone rd. which is just east of the bridges that WNYP plans on rehabbing and it looks like they plan on doing this very soon. There were at least 100 ties sitting there already and I'm assuming they are for this project. The old B&SW r.o.w needs to be cleared yet from this end but on the quaint rd. side to the west looks like the r.o.w is clear. It's always good to see a good bridge put back into use. I'll try and get some pictures up on Tuesday. Here is a video of one of the mainline bridge with an Amtrak excursion over it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRbfBly_v1A