Railroad Forums 

• Question about Motor Flat 038 at Seashore

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#448404  by ted_roy

All,

Does any one have any images of Worcester Consolidated Street Railway Motor Flat 038? It is at Seashore, and I am told it is dissembled.

It may be the last domestically known piece of WCSR equipment left. (There are rumors that some Osgood-Bradley lightweights exist in Brazil)

Also does anyone have any pictures of the Boston and Worcester car 149? It also may be the last from that railway...

I live just off WSCRs route 19 trackage in Leicester, and do restoration work at the Connecticut Trolley Museum hence the interest.

Thank you in advance for your responses...

Ted.

#448539  by Gerry6309

Although 038 is still on Seashore's roster, it was dismantled some years ago by a volunteer (since deceased) and one motor is rumored to have been buried in the mud. There is no interest at present in the vehicle. I am not even sure who at Seashore knows enough about 038 to tell you where its parts are.

149 is stored on trucks in Fairview Barn, and has been stabilized. It will need ext ensive restoration as it was used as a residence for many years. The late George Burdick had the body fumigated to remove a carpenter ant infestation and stripped off tarpaper and shingles but little other work has been done.

#448758  by ted_roy

Gerry,

Thank you for the information, disheartening as it is. I am a volunteer at Connecticut in their restoration shop. IIRC it is/was a single truck car. Are their any pictures available of it when it came to Seashore? Single trucked work cars a not something that you see preserved all that often.

I am glad to see 149 in a barn and stabilized. Again a last of a trolley line car.

Thank you again for your responses,

Ted.