Railroad Forums 

• MBTA 3444 to Seashore?

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#175772  by Frank Hicks

I had heard a while back that MBTA LRV 3444 was being held by the T for preservation at Seashore, but yesterday a post on an online discussion group claimed that Seashore has decided against acquiring 3444. Can anyone confirm or deny? Also, if Seashore isn't getting 3444, are they planning on getting another LRV or are they going to skip this generation of Boston cars?

Frank Hicks

#176595  by aline1969

As a trustee I have heard no comments at any board meeting about a Boston LRV. I have spoken with Danny Cohen in the past and he has pretty much decided to can 3444 (un-modified car) and wait for an Boeing that gets retired near the end. 3444 does not run, he wants a car that runs. Bennett yard is slowly getting built this year and will continue next year, Coney Island fund raising has started. We need more track before any more cars can really come here. I'm not anti-modern cars, just to little people who car about the collection. Right now I running around with my head cut off trying to figure ways to patch and repair existing car barns. We did install a new roof on 1/2 of old Shop 1 that houses the Boston Parlor car and the horse drawn open car, 713 Johnstown coach.
We also staked out the trackless extension and started to build bracket arms for the route.

#285972  by aline1969

Well the Boeings are running low now in Boston. I would love to get the one painted in old BERY colors... I saw for first time in July... sweet looking. Now that I'm off the board not sure what rumors have about STM getting a modified car.

#372397  by CRail

I am killing myself to get one of these things saved but im spinning my tires with no help from others. I can't do this myself, and no one else seems to want to put the effort in to help me, everyone says they will, but Ive been getting extremely little follow through. If you would like to see one saved, you may contact me via PM AIM or EMAIL just by clicking the links below, and I will let you know how you can help. Without the support from others this topic is dead in the water.

#448791  by CRail

For those of you not active at the MBTA board... 3444 was scrapped a couple of years ago. 3424 is now owned by the Seashore Trolley Museum and will be shipped in two pieces, probably next summer.
 #547789  by aline1969

Its next summer.. where is the car? :wink: please build some track!!! I don't mind the car...but track is needed so new cars don't interfear with getting cars moved so we can get at others such as EM 7005 & M&B 41 :-D
 #547793  by octr202

So, what do we need to do to build the track? ;)
 #547901  by Gerry6309

324 is like any similar museum acquisition project. All it takes is money. When the funds are in place the car will move.
 #825890  by aline1969

wow... this thread was never updated. 3424 is in Maine and it came in one piece. :)